Author Topic: Ticket drop questions  (Read 870 times)

Offline JaraSangASongAWeapon

• Party Girl/Boy
  • And the moon turned red over One Tree Hill
Ticket drop questions
« on: March 16, 2018, 11:06:13 AM »
Though I've been to 48 shows and 3 scheduled for SOE (Both LA, so far one San Jose), I've never done a ticket drop.

I'm looking for a San Jose 1 GA or a good seat in a drop.

When do these drops occur? Day of? A few days or a week before? How do you know when there is a drop, is it random if you happen to check Ticketmaster at the right time? And since it could be likely that there wouldn't be enough time between a drop purchase and show time, is the only ticketing option mobile or printing out a paper copy at home, as opposed to being mailed a hard ticket?

Thanks in advance.

Offline TheRealEdge

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I Will Follow
Re: Ticket drop questions
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 11:37:38 AM »
Here in the UK ticket drops are happening all the time at our venues.

I regularly - even daily or hourly - check the venue, it's website and ticketmaster (or whoever's the partner) and there's always tickets being released. Never believe the 'sold out' blurb  ;)

GA tickets are the only ones that seldom come up in drops.

If you check via eventim for the UK Manchester shows for example, they still have loads of tickets left, but even so there'll still be a 'drop' that takes place sometime nearer the day of the concert.

Of course you can keep ahead of the game by following U2 forums, but once they're posted you'll be part of a mad rush to get them.

Can't help you on the hard or e-ticket question - I guess that's down to the venue.

Offline McSwilly

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 12:18:08 PM »
San Jose 2 is not near sold out so there are face value seats. Stub hub has some better seats and GAs.

Offline JaraSangASongAWeapon

• Party Girl/Boy
  • And the moon turned red over One Tree Hill
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 10:36:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
San Jose 2 is not near sold out so there are face value seats. Stub hub has some better seats and GAs.

Thanks I have a good seat lower level for San Jose 2. Looking for San Jose 1.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 10:06:50 AM »
I'd check a couple of weeks beforehand and then regularly up to the show. Mind no harm in trying on and off- I scored a GA for Manchester 2 just by having a go one evening a couple of weeks ago