Author Topic: An old interview from three years ago with some Rock and Roll photographer.....  (Read 671 times)

Offline feedback

• Refugee
  • 'Father is an Elephant'
who, when worked at Island Records convinced Chris Black NOT to sign U2. How our boys have proven her wrong over the years!:
 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NJ, NYC 3,Belfast 1,2
Lack of vision babe.

Offline dwaltman

• Running to Stand Still
who, when worked at Island Records convinced Chris Black NOT to sign U2. How our boys have proven her wrong over the years!:

Cool interview. Thanks for the post.  I'll have to look for this book.  As far as her dismissal of U2, well many others didn't see their spirit the way Blackwell did at the time.  I mean we all have seen the video of Street Missions, do you really think that band was Streets of No Name capable? 

And in regard to the praying with Bono story.... I love hearing little unknown tidbits of Bono's compassion in day to day life.  He walks the talk.

Offline Luzita

• Headache in a Suitcase
Great information. Yes, in the very early days not everyone saw their potential. Even Dave Fanning said he thought other bands on the scene at the time seemed more promising from a musical perspective, but he favored interviews with U2 because they were so interesting to talk to.

Offline wons

• Party Girl/Boy
This is very early in the bands career. They are still teenagers at this point or Adam may have turned 20. If you listen to the live performances from early 1980 and compare them to the fall of 1980, there is a very noticeable improvement. The band were good and talented, but also inconsistent when it came to live performance in the very early days. They were turned down by a lot of people in the music industry. Luckily, Chris Blackwell saw something that he knew would be great.