Author Topic: "rarities that the band is excited to be playing live for the first time."  (Read 1850 times)

Offline 7October

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Heartland is a great song but I don't think it would translate well Live. -- Kite kind of fits the SOE mold with Bono's near death experience so I would not be surprised at all if they play this one.

I think they are going to shower the first set with SOE Tunes, much like they did Achtung tunes on the Zoo TV tour. I don't expect much from Joshua Tree, basically since they just played it night after night on the 30th tour... maybe ISHFWILF and Streets will be all with a possibility of W or W out U

Acrobat HAS to be one of the rarities or I will never go to another U2 show!!!! OK, I'll still go, but that sounded tough!  LOL
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses? should also make at least a few appearances

I hope they play nothing from Pop except Staring @ the Sun

No Line's rarities are rarities for a reason, they simply are not good LIVE songs except for Fez. Unknown Caller would be insane!! fingers crossed for that and Breathe

SOI is a throw away - nothing shuld be played from it on this tour. I don't care if the tour title is Innocence and Experience -- It was also called that tour name when only Innocence was an actual album... so by that logic, it wouldn't matter if SOI was left out.

Early albums Boy, War, October, Fire, -- I dunno what they might throw in from those... Same applies as No Line's reason, I don't think the songs they haven't played in years would be great live songs... I love Promenade but it's not a crowd pleaser, same as MLK, snoozefest at a live show that is going to be knock your socks off and land in the washing machine, full of energy.

I can seriously see myself being exhausted after this show, begging them to stop about 3/4 of the way through because they are just killing it.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Kite kind of fits the SOE mold with Bono's near death experience so I would not be surprised at all if they play this one.

Has Kite been played since the Vertigo tour? It was brilliant in Oz, accompanied by the Didgeridoo. I'd certainly like to hear it again.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 07:30:48 AM by d.darroch »

Offline podiumboy

• Headache in a Suitcase
No, "Kite" has not been played since the last leg of the Vertigo Tour.  In fact, it missed all of the 2005 shows, and was only played 8 times in 2006... all in Australia/NZ.  Too bad, that song should never have been taken out of the regular rotation.  I don't think it deserves to be played every show, but at least 1/3 of the time.  Great song, and the version from Sydney that was the b-side of WITS is pure perfection.

Offline achtungx

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Lillywhite Called Me a Naughty British Slang Word
Over at U2.com they have the add you "Be Attitude" thing going on where you type and record your beatitude for them to possibly use on the tour. I find it to be a bit cheesy, but it could also be a way of speaking truth to power in terms of setlist preferences. They make you keep it to 25 words maximum, so here goes. Feel free to steal and tweak. :)

“Blessed are the U2 members who play "Red Light," “Hawkmoon,” and "Acrobat" on the Experience & Innocence Tour for they will have heard our prayers.”

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • Nashville, Montreal 1 & 2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
Maybe they'll bust out God Part 2.

Offline garyu2

• Wanderer

No Line's rarities are rarities for a reason, they simply are not good LIVE songs except for Fez. Unknown Caller would be insane!! fingers crossed for that and Breathe

You're right they suck live. But then you go and say they are not good LIVE songs except for Fez.... ummm, Fez has NEVER been played live so what's that about?

Unknown Caller WOULD be insane, only because it would be insane to play one of the worst songs in their history. Breathe is ok, but thats it, so why bother?

Offline hollywoodswag

• Stateless
I’d actually love Unknown Caller. It’s not just a favorite from NLOTH, but also one of my favorite U2 songs, period.

Offline cocamojoe

• Intellectual Tortoise
I’d actually love Unknown Caller. It’s not just a favorite from NLOTH, but also one of my favorite U2 songs, period.
While I think that this boasts one of Edge’s best solos, I think that it has some of the absolute worst lyrics that Bono has ever penned. When I saw them on the 360°, the karaoke style presentation on the video screen only highlighted that fact, and I genuinely felt bad for Bono as he tried (and, failed) to get the crowd to sing along.