Author Topic: What song/songs will be played for the first time ever?!  (Read 492 times)

Offline AceLordGrizzly

• Babyface
What song/songs will be played for the first time ever?!
« on: March 21, 2018, 08:35:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Could not be more excited for the fast approaching Experience/Innocence Tour, especially hearing about this Augmented reality technology and .....Gasp...rarities being brought out for the first time EVER?!  I am holding out hope for hearing Acrobat or Drowning Man, but I was curious what songs have not been played live before so I compiled a list.  Drowning Man was sound checked during Joshua Tree 17 so maybe that is a strong contender? What do y'all think? 

Stranger in a Strange Land
Is That All
The Refugee
Red Light
Drowning Man
Promenade
4th of July
Elvis Presley and America
Heartland
Acrobat
Some Days Are Better Than Others
When I Look At The World
Grace
One Step Closer
Stand Up Comedy
Fez
White As Snow
Cedars of Lebanon
Sleep Like A Baby Tonight
This is Where You Can Reach Me Now
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 08:38:18 PM by AceLordGrizzly »

Online benpoke

• Refugee
Re: What song/songs will be played for the first time ever?!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 12:43:46 AM »
Would love Acrobat and Heartland, although I'm unsure if they could put either off convincingly.  Sleep Like A Baby Tonight could be good.

Don't forget there are b-sides too, and I think U2 could smash some of the moodier ones, like Love Comes Tumbling or Walk To The Water.

Offline AceLordGrizzly

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 06:46:05 AM »
Ooohhh. Yes!  Heartland would be pretty amazing!  I hadn’t even considered b sides. Maybe they will play Lady With the Spinning Head with an actual holographic spinning head!!

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 07:13:15 AM »
Would love Acrobat and Heartland, although I'm unsure if they could put either off convincingly.

That's almost the entire battle there. If there are any songs that were unplayed over the years, then was there a good reason for it in the first place? Sometimes you hear these "rare" songs and they're okay, but kind of have a "meh" feeling to them. The Crystal Ballroom and ASOH were sort of like that for me when I saw them.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 10:29:04 AM »
Would love Acrobat and Heartland, although I'm unsure if they could put either off convincingly.

That's almost the entire battle there. If there are any songs that were unplayed over the years, then was there a good reason for it in the first place? Sometimes you hear these "rare" songs and they're okay, but kind of have a "meh" feeling to them. The Crystal Ballroom and ASOH were sort of like that for me when I saw them.

I kind of felt that about Electrical Storm too

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 11:13:36 AM »
Right. I mean, I'm glad I got the chance to see those songs and didn't think they were bad really. They just didn't really take off live like the majority of songs they consistently play do. So for me, it's easy to see why TCB was only played twice and ASOH was quickly dropped during the tour last year, aside from a show or three.

Offline wons

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 11:41:15 AM »

Could not be more excited for the fast approaching Experience/Innocence Tour, especially hearing about this Augmented reality technology and .....Gasp...rarities being brought out for the first time EVER?!  I am holding out hope for hearing Acrobat or Drowning Man, but I was curious what songs have not been played live before so I compiled a list.  Drowning Man was sound checked during Joshua Tree 17 so maybe that is a strong contender? What do y'all think? 

Stranger in a Strange Land
Is That All
The Refugee
Red Light
Drowning Man
Promenade
4th of July
Elvis Presley and America
Heartland
Acrobat
Some Days Are Better Than Others
When I Look At The World
Grace
One Step Closer
Stand Up Comedy
Fez
White As Snow
Cedars of Lebanon
Sleep Like A Baby Tonight
This is Where You Can Reach Me Now

These songs would make a great mix tape or mix CD!

Offline AceLordGrizzly

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 01:29:24 PM »
Stateless, thats funny! I actually made a playlist with these songs last night titled U2 (Snubbed Live).  :).

Offline 73October

• Running to Stand Still
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 02:08:09 PM »
Augmented Reality?

They could give us phone apps and we could change the backing track to ASOH every night!  I'm not sure if the high pitched distorted synth-piano version they used on The Joshua Tree 2017 was to most fans liking.

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 06:19:40 PM »
With them talking in interviews about the state of the world and all that, I wouldnt be surprised to see "When I Look At The World."