Author Topic: New - American Soul - Video  (Read 998 times)

Offline wons

• Party Girl/Boy
New - American Soul - Video
« on: March 22, 2018, 11:10:19 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Not sure if this is the official video for "American Soul" or that its going to be the next single either. But this was just released on U2VEVO today.

Miryclay posted it in the march madness commercial thread, but I thought it deserved its own thread, especially if this is the official video for what might be the next single.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 11:11:50 AM by wons »

Offline paddyattitude

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: New - American Soul - Video
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 02:14:38 PM »
single? what's that word?

Offline wons

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2018, 06:57:08 AM »

A "single" is one song that is released and promoted off an album of songs. Each "single" is usually promoted one at a time. As the "single's" popularity or visibility declines, another "single" will be released in order to keep the album selling as well as possible. Some albums have as many as 7 singles, individual songs, released from them in order to promote the album.

Offline TheRealEdge

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I Will Follow
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 01:38:35 AM »

A "single" is one song that is released and promoted off an album of songs. Each "single" is usually promoted one at a time. As the "single's" popularity or visibility declines, another "single" will be released in order to keep the album selling as well as possible. Some albums have as many as 7 singles, individual songs, released from them in order to promote the album.

I think paddy posted that in jest.

Offline kevtn43

• Refugee
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 01:10:14 PM »
I love this song and video i like it better than I did the first one of course a band performance is always good

Offline wlomaco

• Stateless
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 02:30:19 PM »
Not a fan of this song in comparison to the many songs far superior to it on SOE.  However, it is an ear worm.  I couldn't get it out of my head after seeing the SNL repeat last night and as a result, didn't fall asleep until sometime in the middle of the night.  So there's that.

Offline dontwantwhatideserve

• Stateless
  • moaning periodically...
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 08:55:49 PM »
I like the blend of the original video with performance elements. It makes it less flat/cartoon/gimmick.  Also, the blend of live and studio adds an interest and edge to the sing that helps it.  Some of us still probably prefer the semi-live version of Blackout...good move.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 07:22:37 AM »
The best video of the SOE era.