Author Topic: Wake Up Dead Man - UNKLE remix  (Read 345 times)

Offline Zoostation07

• Babyface
Wake Up Dead Man - UNKLE remix
« on: March 23, 2018, 03:25:32 AM »
From U2songs

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Just surfaced after 20 odd years...apart from a few drums that sound a bit off this shows what a mega song this could have been.

I just wish they'd finally realise the Pop songs to their full potential. The Mike Hedges remixes on the Best Of are excellent - especially Discotheque and Gone. Why not give him the full record?

In the UK Q Magazine have just released a compendium of articles from their archive of U2 stuff and in that there is an article from 97 just after the completion of Pop and even then the Edge is saying that he thinks there is something 'off' with the first chorus of Staring At The Sun... and Larry is making the same noises about not being sure about the record that he was making about SOE the other month. Does he like anything U2 do??

Offline Dali

• Child of Grace
Re: Wake Up Dead Man - UNKLE remix
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 11:22:35 AM »
Thank you for posting this one. UNKLE have definitely brought something great to the table here. It's hard to understand as to why this went unreleased at the time. I have to admit I'm usually not fund of remixes but this one is very good because it actually adds to the song instead of deconstructing it and leaving it there like so many other remixes do.