Author Topic: **Spoilers The Boyz in Laval QC for rehearsals.....**Spoilers  (Read 4911 times)

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
Re: **Spoilers The Boyz in Laval QC for rehearsals.....**Spoilers
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2018, 05:46:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Vertigo and City of Blinding Lights. Yep, those rarities are flying in.
 Cedarwood Road really? Decent enough song but it has its place in the I&E tour.

Acrobat/Wild Horses is at least exciting.
Yeah, I agree with you.  Not terribly exciting what they rehearsed so far, although still early, except for what you mentioned- Acrobat and Wild Horses.

I really don't think there will be much more than that in terms of rarities.  They are probably going with those 2 songs so they can say they pleased the die hards.  Have to wait and see even it those 2 songs survive or suffer the fate like other songs on previous tours that didn't last or only got a couple of plays.

Out of 3 JT shows that I saw last year, I didn't get lucky to hear A Sort Of Homecoming at least once.  I cannot believe U2 didn't rotate that on a consistent basis.  Also out of 8 shows I saw on I&E tour, again didn't get lucky even once to hear Two Hearts or Gloria, again not given them a chance in the rotation.  I have a feeling Acrobat and Wild Horses are going to suffer the same fate for those going to shows further in the tour.  I going to the Montreal shows in June, so not holding my breath that it will still be in the set by then.

I really think that people over reacted when the article in Rolling Stone came out about U2 going to play rarities and then all of a sudden think that U2 are going to shake up the set list with loads of deep cuts and rarities like they are going to pull of a Springsteen or Pearl Jam. This is not going to happen (just like that 2 nights, 2 different shows).
What we are going to get is the usual formula that U2 always goes with, which is:  New songs + Loads of hits and fan favs + 1-2 rarities.

Again, I will just be going to the shows, not expecting anything in terms of variety in the set, rarities.  Just going to enjoy the new songs and hope at least Acrobat survives by the time they hit Montreal.  At least that will be something.

Offline andyc2111

• Babyface
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2018, 06:03:34 AM »
Yep, sadly I agree with the overall comment.

We have to wait and see how the next few weeks go, but canít help but think it will be standard fairly static set list comprising the standard U2 live approach.

Acrobat and Wild Horses are very exciting in the same way Unforgettable Fire and Ultra Violet where at the start of 360. I didnít get excited for anything on ie.

Letís see how it plays out - praying for POP!

Offline grhawi

• Wanderer
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2018, 07:47:36 AM »
Should we not complain so much about potential lack of rarities in the set list, and just be thankful that our favorite band, with its original line up, is still at the top of its game (in terms of live performing), and is ramping up a major world tour after nearly 40 years together?

Offline laoghaire

• Wanderer
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2018, 08:16:56 AM »
Should we not complain so much about potential lack of rarities in the set list, and just be thankful that our favorite band, with its original line up, is still at the top of its game (in terms of live performing), and is ramping up a major world tour after nearly 40 years together?

Quoted for truth.

And we're going to hear tons of material we've never heard before - the new album!!!!

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • Nashville, Montreal 1 & 2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2018, 10:24:18 AM »
I hope they play material from POP, SOI and SOE.

Offline 73October

• Running to Stand Still
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2018, 12:15:57 PM »
I hope they play material from POP, SOI and SOE.

And War (Drowning Man, anyone?)

Offline MPare1966

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Trying to throw my arms around the world.
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2018, 01:19:48 PM »
Band is finally posting about the Laval rehearsals on social media

Offline laoghaire

• Wanderer
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2018, 01:48:33 PM »
This is my first time following tour/rehearsal news. I'm way too old to be this interested or excited! Why do I care about this photo from inside the screen - but it's awesome! I missed i+e so I'm thrilled to get another chance to see the screen. I was blown away when I saw a performance of Cedarwood Road on YouTube.

Is everyone doing these amazing things these days? I saw Bruno Mars last year, and there were just some pyrotechnics. I've seen almost nobody in the 21st century, but saw a lot in the 20th - and ZooTV was far, far beyond anything else. Are U2 still ahead of the pack in staging and stuff?

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2018, 03:07:14 PM »
This is my first time following tour/rehearsal news. I'm way too old to be this interested or excited! Why do I care about this photo from inside the screen - but it's awesome! I missed i+e so I'm thrilled to get another chance to see the screen. I was blown away when I saw a performance of Cedarwood Road on YouTube.

Is everyone doing these amazing things these days? I saw Bruno Mars last year, and there were just some pyrotechnics. I've seen almost nobody in the 21st century, but saw a lot in the 20th - and ZooTV was far, far beyond anything else. Are U2 still ahead of the pack in staging and stuff?
Maybe Muse. They've had a 360 stage and screens during handler and the Globalist. Quite cool, but annoying too. The bandmember can only stand at one side of the screen at the time.

They had drones, that was pretty cool (see the opening with song Drones and the (almost) end of The Globalist.

Offline Passenger789

• Babyface
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2018, 03:42:47 PM »
Vertigo and City of Blinding Lights. Yep, those rarities are flying in.
 Cedarwood Road really? Decent enough song but it has its place in the I&E tour.

Acrobat/Wild Horses is at least exciting.
Yeah, I agree with you.  Not terribly exciting what they rehearsed so far, although still early, except for what you mentioned- Acrobat and Wild Horses.

I really don't think there will be much more than that in terms of rarities.  They are probably going with those 2 songs so they can say they pleased the die hards.  Have to wait and see even it those 2 songs survive or suffer the fate like other songs on previous tours that didn't last or only got a couple of plays.

Out of 3 JT shows that I saw last year, I didn't get lucky to hear A Sort Of Homecoming at least once.  I cannot believe U2 didn't rotate that on a consistent basis.  Also out of 8 shows I saw on I&E tour, again didn't get lucky even once to hear Two Hearts or Gloria, again not given them a chance in the rotation.  I have a feeling Acrobat and Wild Horses are going to suffer the same fate for those going to shows further in the tour.  I going to the Montreal shows in June, so not holding my breath that it will still be in the set by then.

I really think that people over reacted when the article in Rolling Stone came out about U2 going to play rarities and then all of a sudden think that U2 are going to shake up the set list with loads of deep cuts and rarities like they are going to pull of a Springsteen or Pearl Jam. This is not going to happen (just like that 2 nights, 2 different shows).
What we are going to get is the usual formula that U2 always goes with, which is:  New songs + Loads of hits and fan favs + 1-2 rarities.

Again, I will just be going to the shows, not expecting anything in terms of variety in the set, rarities.  Just going to enjoy the new songs and hope at least Acrobat survives by the time they hit Montreal.  At least that will be something.
Loll, good one GaryU2!
Pretty much spot on BoomBoom!!

Offline Passenger789

• Babyface
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2018, 03:48:46 PM »
Well AtU2 News beat me to it, but Bono was at the Contemporary Art Museum in downtown MTL this morning, Leonard Cohen exhibit..... so no doubt Edge, Adam, and MAYBE Larry will be spotted about town next 10 days as well :)

Offline Passenger789

• Babyface
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2018, 03:51:20 PM »

Quoted for truth.

And we're going to hear tons of material we've never heard before - the new album!!!!
....hihi.....

Offline Dono

• Refugee
  • If I could, I would.....
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2018, 04:58:25 PM »
Havenít we only got ourselves to blame by going to multiple shows? You can please some of the people some of the time, you can even please some of the people all of the time, but you will never please all of the people all of the time. I donít think U2 are trying to please us all. Go to a show, love it. But donít then go to multiple shows and moan they donít vary it. Not all of us can afford to travel the world. In the old days we didnít even know what they played at the other venues. Every show you go to is the band playing live! Why not just enjoy it? If they simply played ďBadĒ 22 times in a row, I still think Iíd come out going ďphucking amazing set!Ē

Offline Passenger789

• Babyface
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2018, 05:57:57 PM »
Havenít we only got ourselves to blame by going to multiple shows? You can please some of the people some of the time, you can even please some of the people all of the time, but you will never please all of the people all of the time. I donít think U2 are trying to please us all. Go to a show, love it. But donít then go to multiple shows and moan they donít vary it. Not all of us can afford to travel the world. In the old days we didnít even know what they played at the other venues. Every show you go to is the band playing live! Why not just enjoy it? If they simply played ďBadĒ 22 times in a row, I still think Iíd come out going ďphucking amazing set!Ē
...... well...... good points ........ maybe not 22 times in a row though for me......  ;D

Offline laoghaire

• Wanderer
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2018, 06:00:28 PM »

Have a beer, on me.

And guys, I guarantee you, the set will be EVEN BETTER than Bad x22!!