Author Topic: **Spoilers The Boyz in Laval QC for rehearsals.....**Spoilers  (Read 8387 times)

Offline coolz481

• Refugee
Re: **Spoilers The Boyz in Laval QC for rehearsals.....**Spoilers
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2018, 04:08:40 AM »
Rarely or never-played old songs are nice, but I really hope they go all-in on playing a lot from SOE and SOI.  I recently watched the ZooTV Sydney show again and would love the chance to see a setlist that's 2/3 new material.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2018, 10:13:17 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I really don't think there will be much more than that in terms of rarities.  They are probably going with those 2 songs so they can say they pleased the die hards.  Have to wait and see even it those 2 songs survive or suffer the fate like other songs on previous tours that didn't last or only got a couple of plays.

Out of 3 JT shows that I saw last year, I didn't get lucky to hear A Sort Of Homecoming at least once.  I cannot believe U2 didn't rotate that on a consistent basis.  Also out of 8 shows I saw on I&E tour, again didn't get lucky even once to hear Two Hearts or Gloria, again not given them a chance in the rotation.  I have a feeling Acrobat and Wild Horses are going to suffer the same fate for those going to shows further in the tour.  I going to the Montreal shows in June, so not holding my breath that it will still be in the set by then.

When I saw A Sort of Homecoming at the second Chicago show last year, truth be told, I was a bit underwhelmed. It sounded okay, but I was more on the "meh" side than thinking it was like seeing the second coming!

It was a similar thing for The Crystal Ballroom on the tour before that. I didn't mind hearing it, but it wasn't on what I would rank as one of the highlights or that great of a song in a live environment. I suspect that's why a lot of the songs that only get a few airings, if that, do in the first place... they're just not that great in a live environment.

Songs like Gloria, however... you do wonder about.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2018, 10:14:05 AM »
Haven’t we only got ourselves to blame by going to multiple shows? You can please some of the people some of the time, you can even please some of the people all of the time, but you will never please all of the people all of the time. I don’t think U2 are trying to please us all. Go to a show, love it. But don’t then go to multiple shows and moan they don’t vary it. Not all of us can afford to travel the world. In the old days we didn’t even know what they played at the other venues. Every show you go to is the band playing live! Why not just enjoy it? If they simply played “Bad” 22 times in a row, I still think I’d come out going “phucking amazing set!”

That's the Internet age for you. I'm sure the Prince and Soundgarden fans are crying tears of sorrow with us and our "plight" as well.

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2018, 10:15:41 AM »
Rarely or never-played old songs are nice, but I really hope they go all-in on playing a lot from SOE and SOI.  I recently watched the ZooTV Sydney show again and would love the chance to see a setlist that's 2/3 new material.
You mean 1/3?
2/3 new +rarities will never happen...just the nature of the beast.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2018, 10:38:10 AM »
I guess if you include all the AB/Zooropa songs plus Satellite of Love, that's 13 songs. So somewhere in between a third and 2/3, maybe?

Like you said though, that was the exception more than anything. Two recent albums, a tour winding down and a big home video release might have had something to do with it.

But they did play 9 "new" songs at one of my I&E shows in 2015, so it is conceivable to get somewhere just under 10 at the right gig.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2018, 01:34:46 PM »
What are the gaurantees off of SOE?

Best Thing
Gooyow
AS
Little Things

Offline laoghaire

• Party Girl/Boy
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2018, 02:12:04 PM »
IMHO:
YTBTAM
GOOYOW
TLTTGYA
LIBTAIIW
Blackout
Showman

I really want RFD but I can't put it on the guaranteed list.
I'm hoping for Summer of Love, too - the bridge will give me chills live.

I'm most excited for Little Things, plus Blackout. Showman isn't my favorite but it's his gift to us so they will play it and he will have us sing "sing along."

Blackout is my best guess as the show opener. Possibly LIAWHL on PA before/as they come out.

Offline laoghaire

• Party Girl/Boy
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2018, 02:47:20 PM »
I guess you're right, American Soul is probably guaranteed too.

I sometimes wonder if they will find the soul of the song over time as they play it. In my opinion, Bullet the Blue Sky was weak/thin on the album, but they found the magic over time live, and now it's a blockbuster. It would be cool if something similar happened with AS.

Offline coolz481

• Refugee
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2018, 04:46:33 PM »
You mean 1/3?
2/3 new +rarities will never happen...just the nature of the beast.
Yeah, 2/3 new was being a bit hyperbolic! The new material is so well crafted, I would hate for them to miss the opportunity to showcase it live in favor of Rattle & Hum singles for the millionth time.

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2018, 06:11:44 PM »

I sometimes wonder if they will find the soul of the song over time as they play it. In my opinion, Bullet the Blue Sky was weak/thin on the album, but they found the magic over time live, and now it's a blockbuster. It would be cool if something similar happened with AS.

God I hope not, I’m struggling with AS, I hope they change it up a bit live

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2018, 06:12:40 PM »
Really want to see some surprises in terms of songs being rehearsed. Anything such as Kite, Gone, Miracle Drug, Magnificent will be really good signs of some rarities for this tour. Hopefully the next batch of “new” songs being rehearsed aren’t the likes of Streets and Sunday Bloody Sunday etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2018, 06:33:07 PM »

God I hope not, I’m struggling with AS, I hope they change it up a bit live

Total Hendrix 60s vibe. It's great.

Offline MPare1966

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Trying to throw my arms around the world.
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2018, 06:50:48 PM »
Our front man came out to meet the fans today. Article in French, but clicking on the photo will bring you to other pic. Seems he was quite generous.

Offline UltraXRay

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2018, 10:57:08 PM »
First of all, english is not my first language im french ...

Finally i realize one of my dream since im a teen (Now 43)... I Was the first to get a autographe !!!.
I had to wait in frozen cold 3 hours before Bono took the time to talk with us. He even touch my hand to see if i was cold for real !

The clip is "so so" since i took more the time to look at him with my own eyes !

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2018, 04:04:32 AM »
‪From looking at that running Order I hope it’s not the actual set list. While there are still a few little gems in there there’s not enough deep cuts in there. It still feels like a hit heavy set list. And where is “Streets”?

I’ve even more surprised to see the absense of Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It’s Way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro