Author Topic: **Spoilers The Boyz in Laval QC for rehearsals.....**Spoilers  (Read 9712 times)

Offline coolz481

• Refugee
Re: **Spoilers The Boyz in Laval QC for rehearsals.....**Spoilers
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2018, 05:21:23 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
‪From looking at that running Order I hope it’s not the actual set list. While there are still a few little gems in there there’s not enough deep cuts in there. It still feels like a hit heavy set list. And where is “Streets”?

I’ve even more surprised to see the absense of Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It’s Way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Love is Bigger was played though (at least according to u2songs)?  That's a very high energy show if they keep that running order, esp. End of the World, Kiss Me Kill Me, Elevation, Desire, and Vertigo all in a row!

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2018, 06:07:14 AM »
The clip is "so so" since i took more the time to look at him with my own eyes !

That was the correct choice and he would have told you to do the same (live in the moment) but the video is good :) So that's what it's like! Congratulations!!

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NJ, NYC 3,Belfast 1,2
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2018, 06:44:04 AM »
Merci for sharing X RaY.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2018, 07:37:43 AM »
If this is the set list they are going with it's just okay nothing mind blowing, but is a step up for I&E set.  Basically what I expected.

A few changes that I would suggest, after playing I Will Follow every show on I&E and sporadically on JT, why play it again.  Insert something else in that slot, like Gloria, Two Hearts, Homecoming.

Song For Someone doesn't need to be played again.  I'd rather hear a full band electric version of Every Breaking Wave.

13 is a terrible closer, shouldn't even be in the set.  If anything should be reversed in the set with Love is Bigger to close.  I would just take out 13 and close with a faster tune for a change, maybe Out of Control.

So that's my thoughts on the set, however, I give the band props if in fact they are going to stick to their guns on not play anything off of the Joshua Tree, including Streets.  I wonder how long that is going to last?

Also how long do you thing The Ocean and An Cat Dubh is going to last?  I give it the first 5 shows before they drop it and maybe insert some JT songs.  Also, I don't think Acrobat is going to last the whole tour, I hope at least they keep it until Montreal.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2018, 07:41:16 AM »
The Ocean is a great song and plays a role in the setlist. Acrobat as well. Drop IWF!

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2018, 08:03:47 AM »
Not playing Streets is the biggest drop since they dropped 40 for ZooTV.

Offline mephmontreal

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2018, 10:51:59 AM »
I'm going to go and see what I can see/hear in the next few days since it's only 10 minutes from where I live. I'll give you guys an update. Not sure when they rehearse though. Have a feeling it's late afternoon/early evening. Wish me luck lol!

Offline Billy Rhythm

• Babyface
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2018, 12:05:26 PM »
My initial response to this "setlist" (the Apr 14th rehearsal) is somewhat disappointing...

Is there a reason why 'Love Is All We Have Left' can't be performed live?  I mean, it's an excellent opening, but why "pre-recorded"?

'Songs of Innocence', their weakest album by far which is supposed to be one half (a nod to the 1/3 vs 2/3 debate as of late) of what this tour is all about showcases a mere 3 filler songs...  Where's 'The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)'?  or, a Stone Heavy Live Version of 'Every Breaking Wave'?  the only two tracks of note from such a lacklustre effort known as 'Innocence'...

'Beautiful Day' & 'Elevation' sounded tired during last year's 'Joshua Tree Tour'...  as did 'Vertigo'...  'Until The End Of The World', which once was indeed a highlight live, has deteriorated with age and should be shelved until the 'Achtung, Baby' album gets its proper due...  and the same could be said for 'Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?' & 'Acrobat'...  anyone consider that maybe 'Acrobat' hasn't been performed live yet for good reason?  'The Blackout's slot is too predictable and should preface 'City of Blinding Lights' where the 'Lights of Home' show the way...

'The Showman (A Little More Better)' nudges 'The Little Things That Give You Away' out?!  There's other problems with this "roadmap", but I'll stop there...  It's Early...  Hopefully they significantly tweak it...:-)

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2018, 12:17:25 PM »
I agree with Acrobat but we'll see. Horses is going to steal the show.

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2018, 01:51:21 PM »
This is thrilling. Lots of rarities indeed. The Ocean is a bit of a strange choice but bring it on. It will be weird to hear An Cat Dubh without Into the Heart. HMTMKMKM is a surprise for me.

There are 9 songs from SOE counting the ostensibly recorded LIAWHL, which is great, though I would have traded 13 for literally any other song. I was really hoping for Summer of Love, which I think would be great live.

Bottom line, though, I don't care what they play as long as they play it GOOD.

Offline ultravioletlight

• Numb
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2018, 03:22:46 PM »
Jesus, can we PLEASE drop Elevation and Vertigo. So worn out. Ugh.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2018, 03:32:04 PM »
jeez, dudes, give the '80s songs a f-n rest.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2018, 03:52:22 PM »
Jesus, can we PLEASE drop Elevation and Vertigo. So worn out. Ugh.

They should have left Vertigo on the shelf for JT30 but couldn't resist.

Offline ozmodiar

• Stateless
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2018, 07:13:35 PM »
Nothing from The Joshua Tree. Probably the right decision after last year's tour.

Offline robu2music

• Babyface
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2018, 07:31:02 PM »
I would scratch An Cat Dubh for Twilight. Any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

“In the shadows, boy meets man”