Author Topic: **Spoilers The Boyz in Laval QC for rehearsals.....**Spoilers  (Read 9668 times)

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NJ, NYC 3,Belfast 1,2
Re: **Spoilers The Boyz in Laval QC for rehearsals.....**Spoilers
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2018, 08:07:49 PM »
An Cat Dubh was a mistake. It was actually The Ocean. How wild is it to hear The Ocean live.

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2018, 10:45:31 AM »
I saw them play the Ocean back in 2005.  Bono barely even sang the already minimal lyrics to the song, just kind of reminisced about an early club show, and said "How do we end this?"  Then the band just stopped.  It was pretty underwhelming.

I also saw An Cat Dubh in 2005, and enjoyed that very much.  I wish I could hear it again!

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2018, 11:58:06 AM »
No Drowning Man yet?  I thought we were getting a nod to War on this tour (35 year anniversary)?

Offline robu2music

• Babyface
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2018, 01:27:30 PM »
“Seconds” will definitely fit in todays climate. Then jump into”Red Flag day”

Offline MPare1966

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Trying to throw my arms around the world.
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2018, 07:51:43 PM »
Today’s report is out

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline coolz481

• Refugee
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2018, 03:40:50 AM »
Today’s report is out

Nice! Raised by Wolves really was a standout live from SOI, but there's no need to exhume Sunday Bloody Sunday yet again, esp. if it's not the full band version.

Offline Conor74

• Wanderer
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2018, 04:07:04 AM »
The Showman is the worst song on SoE by a country mile. Fact.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2018, 05:39:57 AM »
Today’s report is out

Nice! Raised by Wolves really was a standout live from SOI, but there's no need to exhume Sunday Bloody Sunday yet again, esp. if it's not the full band version.
Agree, RBW was also the standout for me live of the new songs and the whole show.  Just a killer track live.
Also disappointed they are rehearsing SBS and that lame version at that.  This song, with a few others needs to be put in a coffin, nailed shut, buried 100 feet under ground, only to be resurrected on U2's farewell tour.  No need to play it now again.
If they are giving JT songs a rest, it's about time the give SBS a rest also.  Way over used over the years and tours and lost its effect and lustre.  Don't need to hear this, even if they are going to rotate it on a multiple night in the same city.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 05:43:30 AM by boom boom »

Offline andyc2111

• Babyface
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2018, 05:51:19 AM »
Does anyone else absolutely hate Sunday Bloody Sunday? I mean I didn’t ever really love the song, but the longer it goes on and the more it’s played....it sounds worse and worse to me.

Same with Pride...I’m so over those songs, and it sounds like they are starting to bottle out of the ‘rarities’.......

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2018, 08:44:58 AM »
Does anyone else absolutely hate Sunday Bloody Sunday? I mean I didn’t ever really love the song, but the longer it goes on and the more it’s played....it sounds worse and worse to me.

Same with Pride...I’m so over those songs, and it sounds like they are starting to bottle out of the ‘rarities’.......

Especially since it was a focal point on JT30.

Offline Billy Rhythm

• Babyface
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2018, 10:40:45 AM »
'Sunday Bloody Sunday' was a rippin' intro to last year's tour...  they should just leave it at that...  it made up for the debacle performance of this classic on the 'Innocence' tour...  atleast they were smart enough to close the book on 'The Joshua Tree' and leave it on a high note...  the only time that they should resurrect any of this 80's material, in my opinion, is for the St. Louis shows where the fans truly missed out on the definitive "retro" U2 experience when their 2017 performance got cancelled...:-)

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2018, 03:37:40 PM »

OMG YES!  I thought I was the only one!  It's alright, but I am never really motivated to listen to it, even a little bit.  When I hear SBS or Pride at a concert, I just kind of go into autopilot, sing along at the appropriate times, but don't actually enjoy it.  Then the neutered version they did in 2015 was even worse.  In my perfect world, they'd drop SBS and play Surrender, my favorite live track from War.

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2018, 03:51:51 PM »
I'm amazed some of us don't have much love for SBS.  I'm assuming the performance on Rattle and Hum is excluded,  oh and Live Aid too.
And Edge's solo on Popmart tour.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2018, 03:55:42 PM »
No love for the Reggae version of 2015?

Offline laoghaire

• Numb
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2018, 04:18:13 PM »
I like SBS a lot but I've heard it a meeeeeeeeellion times. If they can put a lot of energy into it, great. If they are going to just phone it in, I'd rather hear Red Flag Day or Summer of Love.

I've heard a fair number of live recordings but Rattle and Hum seems to kick the most ass for me. Lots of angry energy.

Man, I often wonder, how do they perform a song a literal THOUSAND TIMES and not just, like, take a snooze playing it? It can be the world's greatest song but after a certain number of times, yikes. Just listening to a song too much - I think I've played Bad the absolute maximum number of times a person can, and it's in my heart always, but I will kill it if I hear it one more time. They've must have heard it more than I have.