Author Topic: How many U2 shows have you seen?  (Read 2677 times)

Offline u2fannewyorkinok

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Rut Roh!
Re: How many U2 shows have you seen?
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2018, 09:24:43 AM »
Seven for me after last night. I did meet a guy who’d been told 21. He said his friend offered him a ticket to the Red Rocks show but he ended up turning it down because he hadn’t heard of U2 at that point. He and another friend will be going to see them in Belfast. I also met a really nice woman who was at show 63 last night and was headed to St. Louis for tomorrow’s show.

Offline Swan269

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • I will sing a new song
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2018, 11:56:06 AM »
10.  Atlanta will be 11

Offline dfndub

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2018, 03:20:13 PM »
1. Oakland, PopMart
2. San Jose, Elevation
3. San Jose, Elevation
4. LA, Elevation
5. San Jose, Vertigo
6. San Jose, Vertigo
7. Oakland, Vertigo
8. Oakland, U2360
9. San Jose, I+E
10. LA, I+E
11. LA, I+E
12. LA, U2 J Tree '17

Lucky 13 will be at the Forum in 2 weeks :)

Offline kevink31593

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2018, 12:37:56 PM »
My 8th time was in Tulsa two days ago, so 7 not counting that. I've seen them in Chicago twice in 2009, Minneapolis 2011, Denver 2015, Chicago twice in 2015, and Kansas City 2017. Below is a breakdown of all the songs I've seen live from my first seven shows (so Tulsa 5/2/18 not included) and how many times I've seen each one. I put this together late last year when I had some free time one day lol.

Beautiful Day 7
Sunday Bloody Sunday 7
Vertigo 7
Where The Streets Have No Name 7
With Or Without You 7
City Of Blinding Lights 6
One 6
Pride (In the Name of Love) 6
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For 5
Until The End Of The World 5
Bullet The Blue Sky 4
Elevation 4
Even Better Than The Real Thing 4
I Will Follow 4
Mysterious Ways 4
Cedarwood Road 3
Every Breaking Wave 3
Get On Your Boots 3
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight 3
Invisible 3
Iris (Hold Me Close) 3
Moment Of Surrender 3
Raised By Wolves 3
Song For Someone 3
The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone) 3
Ultraviolet (Light My Way) 3
Walk On 3
Bad 2
Breathe 2
Magnificent 2
MLK 2
No Line On The Horizon 2
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of 2
The Unforgettable Fire 2
Unknown Caller 2
All I Want Is You 1
Desire 1
Exit 1
Gloria 1
Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me 1
In God's Country 1
Lucifer's Hands 1
Miss Sarajevo 1
Mothers Of The Disappeared 1
New Year's Day 1
One Tree Hill 1
Ordinary Love 1
Out Of Control 1
Red Hill Mining Town 1
Running To Stand Still 1
Scarlet 1
Stand By Me 1
Stay (Faraway, So Close!) 1
Sweetest Thing 1
The Crystal Ballroom 1
The Electric Co. 1
The Fly 1
Trip Through Your Wires 1
Volcano 1
Your Blue Room 1
You're The Best Thing About Me 1
Zooropa 1
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 01:25:16 PM by kevink31593 »

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2018, 04:57:44 PM »
Despite having been a fan of U2 since 1983 I've never seen them live. Mainly because by the time they ever played a gig anywhere near me they were already playing stadiums or massive arenas and I hate huge venue gigs with a passion. Of course, looking back over the years I wish I'd gone to their ZooTV and PopMart tours because (going by the concert DVDs) they looked amazing concerts. However, the couple of massive venue gigs I have been to in the past (Madonna, Prince) I never fully enjoyed because the venues were just too big, I felt detached from the proceedings. The acts were like ants on stage a mile away, the sound was awful and echoey. At least back then the tickets were cheap so I didn't begrudge paying the money too much for the poor quality you get at such big venues. I swore never again though, would I go to a stadium gig, not even for U2.

However, I was planning to go to see them on this new tour simply as, like myself, they're not getting any younger and I know they probably won't do many more tours in the future. Heck what if this tour is their final one? It would be nice to see them live at least once. I regret never going to see one of my all-time favourite bands, REM, in concert but I thought "Oh there's always time, I'll see them eventually" and then they split up! So I had planned to go and see U2 on this new tour (even thought I don't like the massive O2 Arena) but when I saw the ticket prices I simply could not afford to buy one. The prices are astronomical, I just don't have that kind of money. I'm hoping for some kind of miracle that, come their London dates in October, that someone might be selling a ticket at a reduced price that I can just about afford and if so I'll travel from here in Wales to see them. I can't see the prices coming down much though, if at all, so I mustn't get my hopes up. I love going to small and medium sized concerts (that are cheap and you can clearly see the act on stage without needing binoculars or needing to look at the big screen for the whole show) but I just can't afford the stupid prices the bigger named acts charge these days. Ah well. We'll see what happens, come October. If I can't find a cheap ticket I'll just have to wait for the tour DVD to come out. :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 04:55:07 PM by Spaderholic »

Offline kerrica

• Babyface
  • I get so many things I don’t deserve
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2018, 10:02:29 PM »
#19 coming up in LA. My golden show! I was 19 years old for #1. Show #20 is the next night. Pumped!

Offline GoldenStateGirl

• Stateless
  • As the moon spins around, I need your love
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2018, 11:41:29 PM »
There are going to be a ton of us @U2ers at the Forum ❤️

Offline phillyc

Re: How many U2 shows have you see
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2018, 10:58:44 AM »
Red rocks in 83 was very cold and rainy,very foggy.i had heard of u2 but didn’t have any of their albums(vinyl no cds yet). We thought the show would be canceled,but they went on with it anyway.once we arrived at the venue ther were a lot of empty seats, so the crew tells the crowd to all come forward and we got to be about 10 rows closer so we were about 10th row.we can barely be seen in video,but we’re there.what a great show,such energy.bono was all over arena,at one point showing up on a big rock on the side of the arena.the show was awesome,but with quite a few people not showing up at red rocks,the band played a free show the next night in boulder co. On cu campus for ticket holders of the red rocks show.that night bono came right down our row in front of us while he was getting to stage after singing in the crowd.these guys were awesome.that was my beginning of life with u2. We have seen shows on every tour.was at Denver when they filmed rattle and hum,saw opening night in Las Vegas for pop art,witnessed them with Pearl Jam in Hawaii,and even ended up with bono in hotel elevator in Denver.so blessed to be part of it all

Offline Luzita

• Refugee
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2018, 11:31:36 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Despite having been a fan of U2 since 1983 I've never seen them live. Mainly because by the time they ever played a gig anywhere near me they were already playing stadiums or massive arenas and I hate huge venue gigs with a passion. Of course, looking back over the years I wish I'd gone to their ZooTV and PopMart tours because (going by the concert DVDs) they looked amazing concerts. However, the couple of massive venue gigs I have been to in the past (Madonna, Prince) I never fully enjoyed because the venues were just too big, I felt detached from the proceedings. The acts were like ants on stage a mile away, the sound was awful and echoey. At least back then the tickets were cheap so I didn't begrudge paying the money too much for the poor quality you get at such big venues. I swore never again though, would I go to a stadium gig, not even for U2.

However, I was planning to go to see them on this new tour simply as, like myself, they're not getting any younger and I know they probably won't do many more tours in the future. Heck what if this tour is their final one? It would be nice to seem them live at least once. I regret never going to see one of my all-time favourite bands, REM, in concert but I thought "Oh there's always time, I'll see them eventually" and then they split up! So I had planned to go and see U2 on this new tour (even thought I don't like the massive O2 Arena) but when I saw the ticket prices I simply could not afford to buy one. The prices are astronomical, I just don't have that kind of money. I'm hoping for some kind of miracle that, come their London dates in October, that someone might be selling a ticket at a reduced price that I can just about afford and if so I'll travel from here in Wales to see them. I can't see the prices coming down much though, if at all, so I mustn't get my hopes up. I love going to small and medium sized concerts (that are cheap and you can clearly see the act on stage without needing binoculars or needing to look at the big screen for the whole show) but I just can't afford the stupid prices the bigger named acts charge these days. Ah well. We'll see what happens, come October. If I can't find a cheap ticket I'll just have to wait for the tour DVD to come out. :)
Here in the U.S. the ticket price have been coming down the closer the date gets but not sure that will happen in Europe since they seem to be more sold out there. But according to U2.com the second London show is not sold out so you might want to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online laoghaire

• Party Girl/Boy
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2018, 05:02:19 PM »
Wow, phillyc, and thanks for sharing. It was like you witnessed the raising of the flag at Iwo Jima or were a guest at Mission Control in Houston when they did the moon landing or something. And the Denver show as well, you are lucky.

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2018, 05:05:46 PM »

However, I was planning to go to see them on this new tour simply as, like myself, they're not getting any younger and I know they probably won't do many more tours in the future. Heck what if this tour is their final one? It would be nice to seem them live at least once. I regret never going to see one of my all-time favourite bands, REM, in concert but I thought "Oh there's always time, I'll see them eventually" and then they split up! So I had planned to go and see U2 on this new tour (even thought I don't like the massive O2 Arena) but when I saw the ticket prices I simply could not afford to buy one. The prices are astronomical, I just don't have that kind of money. I'm hoping for some kind of miracle that, come their London dates in October, that someone might be selling a ticket at a reduced price that I can just about afford and if so I'll travel from here in Wales to see them. I can't see the prices coming down much though, if at all, so I mustn't get my hopes up. I love going to small and medium sized concerts (that are cheap and you can clearly see the act on stage without needing binoculars or needing to look at the big screen for the whole show) but I just can't afford the stupid prices the bigger named acts charge these days. Ah well. We'll see what happens, come October. If I can't find a cheap ticket I'll just have to wait for the tour DVD to come out. :)
Here in the U.S. the ticket price have been coming down the closer the date gets but not sure that will happen in Europe since they seem to be more sold out there. But according to U2.com the second London show is not sold out so you might want to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I checked the 2nd London date for tickets but sadly there are no standing tickets left and the few seated tickets they have are hundreds of pounds and not even great seats. I simply don't have that kind of money. I think the ticket prices are disgusting. I'm still going to try and see if anyone is selling any tickets at reduced prices near the time of the gig but I'm not holding out much hope, sadly. It's a shame, I'd love to see the band but they seem to only cater for their rich fans these days, which is really disappointing. Ah well, c'est la vie!

Offline wons

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: How many U2 shows have you see
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2018, 07:20:27 PM »
Red rocks in 83 was very cold and rainy,very foggy.i had heard of u2 but didn’t have any of their albums(vinyl no cds yet). We thought the show would be canceled,but they went on with it anyway.once we arrived at the venue ther were a lot of empty seats, so the crew tells the crowd to all come forward and we got to be about 10 rows closer so we were about 10th row.we can barely be seen in video,but we’re there.what a great show,such energy.bono was all over arena,at one point showing up on a big rock on the side of the arena.the show was awesome,but with quite a few people not showing up at red rocks,the band played a free show the next night in boulder co. On cu campus for ticket holders of the red rocks show.that night bono came right down our row in front of us while he was getting to stage after singing in the crowd.these guys were awesome.that was my beginning of life with u2. We have seen shows on every tour.was at Denver when they filmed rattle and hum,saw opening night in Las Vegas for pop art,witnessed them with Pearl Jam in Hawaii,and even ended up with bono in hotel elevator in Denver.so blessed to be part of it all

Hey, thanks for the response! So did you tell Bono in the elevator that you were at the RED ROCKS show in 1983?

By the way, what motivated you to go see a show by a band that you did not own any music of? How many songs did you recognize at the concert?

Offline phillyc

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2018, 05:29:05 PM »
I did tell bono.l was very familiar with the boy album but did not own it.a friend of mine did.my wife liked u2 and on a whim bought 4 tix and went with my bro and sis in laws.

Offline redsox04

• Babyface
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2018, 04:10:33 PM »
55 not counting upcoming show at the Forum:

1.   June 28, 1983: Worcester, MA @ The Centrum
2.   December 02, 1984: Worcester, MA @ The Centrum
3.   April 02, 1985: Providence, RI @ Providence Civic Center
4.   April 16, 1985: Worcester, MA @ The Centrum
5.   April 18, 1985: Worcester, MA @ The Centrum
6.   April 19, 1985: Worcester, MA @ The Centrum
7.   May 02, 1987: Worcester, MA @ The Centrum
8.   May 03, 1987: Worcester, MA @ The Centrum
9.   May 07, 1987: Hartford, CT @ Hartford Civic Center
10.   May 09, 1987: Hartford, CT @ Hartford Civic Center
11.   September 17, 1987: Boston, MA @ Boston Garden
12.   September 18, 1987: Boston, MA @ Boston Garden
13.   September 22, 1987: Foxboro, MA @ Sullivan Stadium
14.   March 13, 1992: Worcester, MA @ The Centrum
15.   March 15, 1992: Providence, RI @ Providence Civic Center
16.   March 17, 1992: Boston, MA @ Boston Garden
17.   August 22, 1992: Foxboro, MA @ Foxboro Stadium
18.   July 01, 1997: Foxboro, MA @ Foxboro Stadium
19.   July 02, 1997: Foxboro, MA @ Foxboro Stadium
20.   April 06, 2001: Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
21.   April 19, 2001: San Jose, CA @ San Jose Arena
22.   April 20, 2001: San Jose, CA @ San Jose Arena
23.   June 05, 2001: Boston, MA @ Fleet Center
24.   June 06, 2001: Boston, MA @ Fleet Center
25.   November 18, 2001: Las Vegas, NV @ Thomas and Mack Center
26.   November 19, 2001: Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center
27.   March 28, 2005: San Diego, CA @ iPayOne Center
28.  March 30, 2005: San Diego, CA @ iPayOne Center
29.  April 01, 2005: Anaheim, CA @ Arrowhead Pond
30.  April 09, 2005: San Jose, CA @ HP Pavilion
31.  May 26, 2005: Boston, MA @ Fleet Center
32.  May 28, 2005: Boston, MA @ Fleet Center
33.  June 24, 2005: Dublin, Ireland @ Croke Park
34.  June 25, 2005: Dublin, Ireland @ Croke Park
35.  October 03, 2005: Boston, MA @ TD Banknorth Garden
36.  October 04, 2005: Boston, MA @ TD Banknorth Garden
37.  November 02, 2005: Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center
38.  December 09, 2006: Honolulu, HI @ Aloha Stadium
39. June 30, 2009: Barcelona, Spain @ Camp Nou Stadium
40. July 2, 2009: Barcelona, Spain @ Camp Nou Stadium
41. September 20, 2009: Boston, MA @ Gillette Stadium
42. September 21, 2009: Boston, MA @ Gillette Stadium
43. October 25, 2009: Los Angeles, CA @ Rose Bowl
44. June 6, 2010: Anaheim, CA @ Angels Stadium
45. July 6, 2010: Chicago, IL @ Soldier Field
46. May 14, 2015: Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena
47. May 15, 2015: Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena
48. May 31, 2015: Inglewood, CA @ The Forum
49. July 10, 2015: Boston, MA @ TD Banknorth Garden
50. July 11, 2015: Boston, MA @ TD Banknorth Garden
51. July 14, 2015: Boston, MA @ TD Banknorth Garden
52. July 15, 2015: Boston, MA @ TD Banknorth Garden
53. November 23, 2015: Dublin Ireland @ 3Arena
54. May 20, 2017: Los Angeles, CA @ Rose Bowl
55. September 22, 2017: San Diego, CA @ Qualcomm Stadium

Online laoghaire

• Party Girl/Boy
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2018, 05:01:21 PM »
Kevink, that is precisely the sort of nerdy data examination I would do. Holla!

Redsox... Sigh.