Author Topic: Bono play'n guitar again?  (Read 777 times)

Offline Feeder

• Babyface
  • From father to son.........
Bono play'n guitar again?
« on: April 17, 2018, 09:53:08 PM »
Anyone speculate if our boy Bono surprises us and plays guitar again? Really miss seeing him with his green Gretsch Irish Falcon.

Offline spacemonkey

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Bono play'n guitar again?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 01:46:51 AM »
He said this in RS last May:

To switch gears, are you still unable to play guitar?
Yeah. I can play sitting down if the neck is pointing up in the air, and I can play with three fingers standing up. Dallas Schoo, Edge's guitar tech, is encouraging me to pick up slide guitar.

He had nerve damage in his hand and, I think, his last two fingers and by the sounds of this, it's still there in part. IDK, I doubt we'll see him with a guitar again, but you never know ;)

Offline kevtn43

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 01:17:53 PM »
Oh wow its more serious than i thought i surely hope he can i miss it especially on one

Offline in_eden

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 07:47:37 AM »
Eek. Sounds like ulnar nerve damage. With the kind of shattering fracture of the elbow and little finger, damage to the Ulnar nerve (ulna is the bone on the outside of the arm from the elbow to the wirst... pinky side) is probable.
Nerve growth is painfully slow... but a general rule of thumb is that 18-24 months after the injury, what you have is kind of it. Not tons of recovery after the 2 year mark.
If he can't do it now... that ship has likely sailed.
I was looking forward to seeing that red double cut Gretsch out on the road.

Offline Dali

• Child of Grace
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 01:00:43 AM »
Oh dear. We can be sure he misses playing the guitar, too, but at least can play a bit when it's pointed in the direction like he said.
How about the harmonica?

Offline 73October

• Running to Stand Still
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 02:43:21 PM »
Seems to be able to manage that (see TJT and Trip Through Your Wires, Running to Stand Still) and E&I (Desire) - seems to be fine there.