Author Topic: The U2 AR app is available for download for iOS and Android  (Read 2051 times)

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: The U2 AR app is available for download for iOS and Android
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2018, 08:11:56 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This is obviously only for things like I-phones or smart phones. I still use the same old cell "flip-phone" that I purchased in the year 2000. I can make a call if I need to and I'm out somewhere other than home. That's the only thing I use it for. I'll turn it on and hold it above my head when Bono's ask us to during the concert.

I didn't know my father-in-law was a U2 fan!!!
Dún, is that you?

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2018, 08:24:25 AM »
What's with that waterfall connected to the app?

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2018, 09:31:22 AM »
This might also just be a clever way to get people to drain their battery before the show even starts.  ;D

It really does suck battery life. Fun idea for when you're sitting in your seat before the show though.

Offline 73October

• Running to Stand Still
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2018, 12:22:47 PM »
Has anyone tried it yet?  NME tried it and it was too big a download and crashed the phone.  So not a great experience for them.
Is it a free app or do you have to pay for it?

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2018, 12:47:53 PM »
Has anyone tried it yet?  NME tried it and it was too big a download and crashed the phone.  So not a great experience for them.
Is it a free app or do you have to pay for it?
It's free only takes 1 minute to download it's really cool

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline Jono

• Running to Stand Still
  • Nice job by #MoteeShoe
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 02:02:10 PM »
That was pretty cool, even impressed my 14yo daughter! Yes a battery drainer indeed and yes it's free.

Offline superdragtn

• Babyface
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 02:41:44 PM »
I found and downloaded it on my iPad.  I couldn't find it in the Google Play Store on my aging HTC phone which probably doesn't support it anyway.

It worked on my iPad fine once I got into some decent lighting.  It also allows you to capture a picture of whatever is displaying which may come in hand during the actual concert.

My first reaction to the RS comment from Willie Williams was that I just want to hear them play some (expletive) music.  It seems like a neat trick I guess, but I hope its limited to one song like the reports indicate.  I don't really foresee it adding much to the concert experience, but I'm trying to remain open minded.

Offline laoghaire

• Party Girl/Boy
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2018, 03:00:16 PM »
This is obviously only for things like I-phones or smart phones. I still use the same old cell "flip-phone" that I purchased in the year 2000. I can make a call if I need to and I'm out somewhere other than home. That's the only thing I use it for. I'll turn it on and hold it above my head when Bono's ask us to during the concert.

Dún, is that you?
Dun Laoghaire? Yes?

Offline dawnboo

• Babyface
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2018, 03:23:49 PM »
I tried it... It looked cool... but it drained my phone battery from 50% to dead in about a minute. I had to plug it in to the wall outlet to charge my phone back up. Don't think I will want to do that in the concert. It would be seriously inconvenient for my phone to die or to have to keep it plugged into a portable charger.

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2018, 05:16:51 PM »
I bet audience will legit complain about the battery drain when we're a few concerts in.

So glad it's FREE and on Android. If Steve Jobs (seems more tyrannical) was still running the ship, it might have been an itunes only app. We know the band are stil associated with apple.

I had a cheap flip but bought myself a decent smartphone for $133 three months ago. App works ok. But sometimes Bono doesn't appear.

Go comment/review the app on play store or itunes. The band might track the reviews (especially in itunes) for the first few days of this novel technology they're excited to show.

I cannot believe LIAWHL will be opener. Casuals don't know this song!!! But glad they dare to play soe tracks instead of warhorses to open.

do they know modern cell folks want video of the show, not photos? Tech is probably not there to save video. Willie is so intelligent.

I never saw the waterfall. Where can I see the waterfall?

Thanks... All my scattered thoughts.

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2018, 02:41:01 AM »

Dún, is that you?
Dun Laoghaire? Yes?

My favourite place in the world. Love going to The Forty Foot and Dunphy's for a few. Teddy's first for ice cream though!

Offline laoghaire

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2018, 06:34:26 AM »
Sadly, I've only been once... at age 8. Still remember it, though! But obviously had a very limited experience. This was in July 1985, only a few days after Live Aid.

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2018, 06:37:36 AM »
Sadly, I've only been once... at age 8. Still remember it, though! But obviously had a very limited experience. This was in July 1985, only a few days after Live Aid.

Should go back. Great spot. That and Dalkey/Killiney.

Offline laoghaire

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2018, 06:45:52 AM »
My parents (and I) stayed at Killiney Castle. Would love to go back but life circumstances prevent it. I don't even know how I'm going to get to Boston 2. I was just so excited I stupidly bought tickets and now I'm kicking myself.

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2018, 06:51:49 AM »
My parents (and I) stayed at Killiney Castle. Would love to go back but life circumstances prevent it. I don't even know how I'm going to get to Boston 2. I was just so excited I stupidly bought tickets and now I'm kicking myself.

Same. I bought a ticket for New York but, can't afford the trip now