Author Topic: SOE pronoun questions  (Read 678 times)

Offline laoghaire

• Numb
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
Re: SOE pronoun questions
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 10:44:10 AM »
Back to LIAWHL, here's another question:

Why seven billion stars? Why that specific number?

The possible answer that just occured to me:

The current human population of the planet.

Opinions?

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 08:27:13 PM »
Yep--seven billion people, so many ways of seeing.

Here's a question:  how could the "rage in you be strong" for Bono's son?  He did not have a working class or underprivileged background; on the contrary, he has been very privileged.  Does he experience rage on behalf of others less fortunate?  I guess you'd have to know someone personally to know what they have to be angry about, but it just seems like a weird sentiment to me.

Offline laoghaire

• Numb
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 08:42:57 PM »
It can just be a personality trait. No idea what the topic of said rage would be though.

I have every reason to believe those kids were brought up in a warm, loving, secure home where their needs were addressed and seen as valid, but just for the record, wealth does not buy a good childhood. My friend died by suicide, daughter of a doctor with a name in his field. Money did not take care of her in any way and in fact was turned against her. I just wanted to say that since it's a common perception and it can be painful for people to have their real traumas dismissed due to having grown up UMC or UC.

Offline World71R

• Refugee
  • It's no secret ambition bites the nails of success
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 10:50:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yep--seven billion people, so many ways of seeing.

Here's a question:  how could the "rage in you be strong" for Bono's son?  He did not have a working class or underprivileged background; on the contrary, he has been very privileged.  Does he experience rage on behalf of others less fortunate?  I guess you'd have to know someone personally to know what they have to be angry about, but it just seems like a weird sentiment to me.

That lyric refers to how he can relate to his son recognizing issues he sees with the World and feeling passionate about them and wanting to take a stand & protest. It's confirmed by how the lines "So young to be the words of your own song" and "Write a World where we can belong, to each other and sing it like no other." come before and after that line. Our Bono has, of course, many a political song and has always been very vocal about issues he believes in, so he's effectively telling his son to be the change he wants in the World and to speak out, like how he has done.

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2018, 01:04:21 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

We have a Dutch song which is now wrong. We're with 17 million now.

Offline laoghaire

• Numb
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2018, 03:53:27 PM »
So I tried your Dutch song but the subtitles are way too fast for me. What does this song say?

Offline laoghaire

• Numb
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2018, 07:51:05 PM »
Ok, how about "go easy on me brother" - who is brother?

I considered Jesus/God, but I think not. Thinking it's humankind.

"Brothers and sisters, let us love one another."