Author Topic: Simple Minds  (Read 527 times)

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
Simple Minds
« on: April 26, 2018, 07:20:12 PM »
SM are coming to North America!  I've gotten tickets to Detroit and am very excited to see them for the first time.  They are my next-favorite band after U2.

Offline miracle_al

• Stateless
Re: Simple Minds
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 09:41:25 AM »
I really like Simple Minds, too, though I lost track of them after 'Good News from the Next World'.  I saw them in concert in 1991 for 'Real Life'.  It was terrific.  I took some pics that night; will scan the negatives and send them when I get around to it.  I gave my original prints to a fan from Slovenia many years ago.  'Street Fighting Years' is one of my all-time favourite albums.  So peaceful and meditative. 

• Child of Grace
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 06:08:55 PM »
Glad you are a fan!  I haven't followed their recent stuff, but I really enjoy the oldies and hits from the 80's.

Offline Clarky

• Numb
  • I've got a head like a lit cigarette
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 12:33:46 AM »
Didn't really need a new thread for this..

I'd love to see them live again though. I saw them in 2006 and they've been back in Australia a couple of times since. I'd say they'll come back again - they like coming here more than U2 lol

• Child of Grace
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 06:21:28 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Didn't really need a new thread for this..

I'd love to see them live again though. I saw them in 2006 and they've been back in Australia a couple of times since. I'd say they'll come back again - they like coming here more than U2 lol
Okey dokey, forum policeman.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2018, 09:54:12 AM »
Seriously, who goes around saying “didn’t need a thread for this”? That’s literally what this section is for. Jesus, people suck.

Anyway, I got tickets to see them in Milwaukee. They’ve never been my favorite band, but they’ve always been in the mix, and I’m excited to see them live for the first time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline zooguitar

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 12:39:54 PM »
I've seen them 3x over the last 25+ years: 1991 (Chicago-great show, still in peak form), 1995 (Chicago-shockingly uninspired and out of touch musically), 2013 (Los Angeles-fantastic show; played early art house period music and a great cover of The Call's "When The Day Begins" as a tribute to their late friend Michael Been). This might be it for them, so enjoy.

Offline Clarky

• Numb
  • I've got a head like a lit cigarette
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 07:20:36 PM »
Seriously, who goes around saying “didn’t need a thread for this”? That’s literally what this section is for. Jesus, people suck.

It's just that I see a SM thread about their latest album which is relatively new and only a few rungs down. Would make sense to me to just keep talking about SM in there.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 02:50:14 PM »

It's just that I see a SM thread about their latest album which is relatively new and only a few rungs down. Would make sense to me to just keep talking about SM in there.

My bad,I hadn’t realized you were simply talking about another SM thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk