Author Topic: Lip-syncing!?  (Read 4274 times)

Offline MadRob360

• Refugee
  • Jealousy Is A Disease
Re: Lip-syncing!?
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2018, 03:47:09 PM »
There always seems to be some of the bands own fans wanting to shoot them down so easily nowadays  :(

we've always known there are pre recorded elements to a show. I think the lads do brilliantly, the setlist is great.

Just enjoy them while we've still got them  8)

Offline garyu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2018, 01:32:00 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There always seems to be some of the bands own fans wanting to shoot them down so easily nowadays  :(

we've always known there are pre recorded elements to a show. I think the lads do brilliantly, the setlist is great.

Just enjoy them while we've still got them  8)

Pre-recorded elements is a little different to lip-synching. Remember just now much money people are paying for tickets/travel etc. Its not exactly cheap.

Offline rlabs19

• Stateless
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2018, 09:15:44 AM »
Don't really understand the need for the "pre-recorded elements." If Bono is going to stand there with a microphone, he may as well just sing it. Having him lip-sync it doesn't add anything to the show.

Same with HMTMKMKM. If the intermission is only going to be one song long, just play it live. Felt the same way about The Fly on ie.

Online laoghaire

• Party Girl/Boy
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2018, 09:42:42 AM »
Don't really understand the need for the "pre-recorded elements." If Bono is going to stand there with a microphone, he may as well just sing it. Having him lip-sync it doesn't add anything to the show.

Same with HMTMKMKM. If the intermission is only going to be one song long, just play it live. Felt the same way about The Fly on ie.

I don't understand this line of thinking at all, not even a little bit. It's intermission. And you're mad that they aren't playing... during intermission? That by definition makes it not intermission. So your choice is dead air during intermission, no intermission, or an entertaining admission that forms the linchpin of the narrative.

What is the advantage of losing intermission? You want to go home 5 minutes earlier? And it's that important that our entertainers cannot gulp some water, pee, and do a costume change for 5 lousy minutes so we don't have to - horror of horrors - watch a short set to music for 5 minutes?

God, what has the world come to?

You probably would have lost your sh** watching Ben Hur back in the day. And make sure you never go to theater or opera or a concert or ballet if you can't handle intermission.

Offline rlabs19

• Stateless
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2018, 07:21:28 AM »

I don't understand this line of thinking at all, not even a little bit. It's intermission. And you're mad that they aren't playing... during intermission? That by definition makes it not intermission. So your choice is dead air during intermission, no intermission, or an entertaining admission that forms the linchpin of the narrative.

What is the advantage of losing intermission? You want to go home 5 minutes earlier? And it's that important that our entertainers cannot gulp some water, pee, and do a costume change for 5 lousy minutes so we don't have to - horror of horrors - watch a short set to music for 5 minutes?

God, what has the world come to?

You probably would have lost your sh** watching Ben Hur back in the day. And make sure you never go to theater or opera or a concert or ballet if you can't handle intermission.

Lol at the bold. Taking this a little far, aren't we?

All I said was that if "intermission" was only going to be 5 minutes long, and they are going to play a pre-recorded version of one of their own songs...... maybe it makes sense to not have an intermission and to continue the set. Please, tell me of a broadway show with a five minute intermission. Same with opera or ballet. Enlighten me.

Online laoghaire

• Party Girl/Boy
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2018, 07:46:01 AM »
The bolded was sarcastic. Indeed what has the world come to! A 5 minute intermission with entertainment included! The horror! So it's you taking it a liiiiiiittle far.

It's nice that you would prefer no intermission to the hell of a 5 minute intermission telling the Experience story, but the performers have a few needs of their own. Also, there's a costume change. Talk about first world problems.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2018, 11:36:31 PM »
Im not sure anyones taking it to the degree youre suggesting, but Ive also added my $.02 regarding not liking the intermission. Id rather they play a songin both of these tours, I got excited thinking they were going to play a rare favorite, only to be (slightly) disappointed it was just a recording. I also think it stops the flow of the concert. Ive been to shows featuring a real intermission...theres no question whats happening when they occur. Those shows also tend to be a bit longer.

Just saying, if the choice is between hearing them play HMTM or Bono putting on a top hat, Id say leave the top hat home.

Alternatively, other bands feature a song or two that the singer can disappear during, to get through costume changes. Even U2 have done it. Have Edge do Numb while Bono changes. Or Seconds. Or VDL. Id take any of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline gottago

• Wanderer
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2018, 12:35:01 AM »

Judge for yourselves

I see it on the "Woooahoo's" but that is it. No other place.