Author Topic: I+E UTEOTW theatrics  (Read 438 times)

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
I+E UTEOTW theatrics
« on: May 04, 2018, 02:10:44 AM »
For the Elevation tour - or at least the Slane performance - UTEOTW includes a theatrical display where Bono/Judas acts out the betrayal/kiss on Edge/Christ. Then Christ's love redeems Judas and drives Satan out of him. Bono/Satan is then defeated by Edge/Christ. (And can I just mention how much ass this performance kicks?)

In I+E there's something where Bono spurts water, and he holds Edge in his palm. What does all this mean, and what characters are Bono and Edge cast into?

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: I+E UTEOTW theatrics
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 09:48:36 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For the Elevation tour - or at least the Slane performance - UTEOTW includes a theatrical display where Bono/Judas acts out the betrayal/kiss on Edge/Christ. Then Christ's love redeems Judas and drives Satan out of him. Bono/Satan is then defeated by Edge/Christ. (And can I just mention how much ass this performance kicks?)

In I+E there's something where Bono spurts water, and he holds Edge in his palm. What does all this mean, and what characters are Bono and Edge cast into?

Don't think it's anything. Just a cool thing that says, "Look at our technology does"

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
Re: I+E UTEOTW theatrics
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 11:35:09 AM »
I just watched it again with your comment in mind. I do think now that it's a continuation on the previous theme, just in a different way. I didn't see this before but now I think he's basically pi**ing on Edge during the betrayal segment of the song. He also begins with the beckoning hand motion. I assume his character is once again aamalgam of Judas and Satan, the latter of whom had gotten into Judas.

Then, during redemption, he makes the wave sign and reaches out for him.

The screen shows water/flooding. There are objects in the water - I see a car. My vision is really poor though - legally blind. If anyone wouldn't mind describing more about this water I'd appreciate it.

I don't know if these waters are violent or baptismal or flooding or something else. They seem to come out of the light bulb (I assume that's God's love from Ultraviolet) but I don't know - the bulb shatters. Since the song ends on redemption I assume the imagery does too but I think I'm missing nuance.