Author Topic: TOUR ADVICE  (Read 819 times)

Offline U2FlyXC

• Stranger in a Strange Land
TOUR ADVICE
« on: May 05, 2018, 09:12:43 PM »
Hi friends!

So, here's my dilemma. When the tickets for this tour first went on sale, I bought them during the verified presale. I'm from the Chicago-land area so seeing one initial show announced made me a wee bit nervous. Regardless, I was able to score 3 tickets in section 308 at the United Center (I've attached a photo of the arena for reference). Clearly, they're not the best tickets, but I'm a college student who sadly can't spend all of his money on U2 tickets.

Anyway, U2 announced a second date for Chicago and it hasn't sold out. Tickets that are in much better sections (Upper 300s but alongside the screen) are cheap and I'd much rather see the show from that angle than the angle I would currently see it at. Here's the problem. As much as I'd love to see U2 on back to back days, I don't really have the money for that. I would sell the day one tickets I have, but it appears that there is little resale value on them.

On top of that, someone just offered me two GA tickets for the second day for face value (roughly $150 total although he said he would go a bit lower). I considered asking him if he'd be willing to trade the day one for day two (since he can't see day two due to a new commitment), but I'm unsure if this is the play.

So, long story short, what do you guys think I should do? Obviously, there is the possibility I could just go to both shows. the extra $100 for day two tickets isn't that much and perhaps they'll play a couple of different songs (The Fly please). That being said, I'd rather save the money and only see one show. In that case, should I keep my current tickets, buy the ones alongside the screen and try to sell my old ones, or do something with the GA tickets being offered to me?

I saw the Innocence tour in 2015 for one show and we sat in 329 or 330 which gave us a decent view of the screen. I'm not sure how GA would be for this tour but I did go GA for the Joshua Tree which was an awesome experience.

Ok, that's enough rambling for now. Let me know your thoughts! :)

Seating: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Online laoghaire

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • After the flood, all the colors came out.
Re: TOUR ADVICE
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 09:15:25 PM »
I'd at least start by asking about the trade.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 11:34:40 PM »
Like all tours, GA is great this tour. You can get incredibly close to the band, without much queuing. Or you can just walk in when the doors open, get a good spot not far from the band (closer than the $300+ seats), with a brilliant view of the screen.

You may as well offer what you consider to be a fair trade, & see what happens. Were yours the $41 seats? Is it a trade of 3 seats for 2 GA's?

Yeah you're right, 308 is not going to have a great view. You'll miss quite a lot happening on the screen, & as you're so high the screen (& lighting rigs) may actually block the view of the main stage at times. As you said, there's now $41 seats being offered in much better spots. So it may be quite difficult to get a decent amount back on the resale market. Especially if ticket prices continue to drop, or ticket drops occur. If you're extremely lucky, & it's not a sell out they may move people from arena ends to better spots. Though that seems unlikely. Another option, if you're tickets don't actually say "limited view" on then, would be to arrive early, go to customer service, & complain that your view is compromised. If you're lucky, they'll move you for free. Some people had success with this in 2015. Though, back then, when tickets went on sale there were no accurate maps, so people had success with this approach.

Personally, I'm a GA addict, so I'd be trying to get down on the floor. Nothing beats it! If you could do a second show in cheap seat with a decent view, well that's an added bonus.

Good luck
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 11:37:09 PM by d.darroch »

Offline jgrooms

• Stateless
  • Hello
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 09:10:58 AM »
I'd spend the $100 and go to both myself.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 10:14:53 AM »
GA isn't for everyone, but if you're missing out on seeing the screen, I'd definitely consider getting the GA tickets for the second night. Especially at the price the other person was asking for them, since each one usually cost $90+ on face value.

If going another night isn't a priority for you, then you can just try to unload the first night tickets on StubHub at whatever price they might fall at. Even if it was a slight loss in the end, you'd be saving money by not parking and that sort of thing anyway, perhaps?

Offline melindabrimhall

• Babyface
  • Dream out loud.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 12:01:46 PM »
Does anyone know what time they have been taking stage and how long they are playing for?

Offline McSwilly

• Stateless
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 12:44:17 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Does anyone know what time they have been taking stage and how long they are playing for?

For both San Jose shows they were on stage at 8:30 and played about 2:15 until 10:45.

Offline melindabrimhall

• Babyface
  • Dream out loud.
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 02:40:35 PM »
Thanks so much! Heading to Vegas tomorrow!!

For both San Jose shows they were on stage at 8:30 and played about 2:15 until 10:45.

Offline cocamojoe

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 01:11:39 PM »
No need to spend $100 when there are plenty of $41 tickets along the aide of the stage for both nights there in Chicago.