Author Topic: U2's songs in the tv show "Dancing With the Stars"  (Read 178 times)

Offline BlueSquirrel

• Wanderer
U2's songs in the tv show "Dancing With the Stars"
« on: May 09, 2018, 03:28:45 PM »
I don't know if this has been posted before, but in case it hadn't I thought it was possibly worth mentioning.
A few U2 songs have featured in the French version of the TV show "Dancing with the stars".

I'm sure you may feel that these dance numbers are unfortunately often more athletic than emotional and that the costumes and overall atmosphere are cheesy, but it's so rare to see people dancing to U2's music that I thought it could be fun to watch (or cringe-to-watch, depending on your taste... granted, this show isn't exactly rock n' roll).

So here's the first song. For some reason, the show staff thought that "With or Without You" was good music for a rumba number (?!). But why not, after all? It's full of passion anyway.  :)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 04:42:04 PM by BlueSquirrel »

Offline BlueSquirrel

• Wanderer
Re: U2's songs in the tv show "Dancing With the Stars"
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 03:44:10 PM »
The second song is "Sunday Bloody Sunday" (I bet you had never noticed that it sounded like music fit for a paso doble. Personally I fail to see the connection with Spain, but it's still interesting as the dancers are doing their best to believe in it.) :D :
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 04:42:54 PM by BlueSquirrel »

Offline BlueSquirrel

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 03:51:50 PM »
"I still haven't found" the ideal choreography for this song ;) (hence the look of pain on the man's face ?!) :
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 04:38:55 PM by BlueSquirrel »

Offline BlueSquirrel

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 04:03:59 PM »
And the "One" and only freestyle dance number (is that Mary J. Blige's version?) :

Both dance partners have fallen in love on that One (pun intended). After the show, they got the line "One love, one life" tattooed on their forearms (big U2 fans, then) and they opened a dance school in Corsica.

So what do you think of U2's music in talent dancing shows? Is it a good idea? Or is it just too corny? Could it bring more people to like the music? Will it inspire you to dance your heart out during the Experience and Innocence Tour?   ;)  8)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 05:01:51 PM by BlueSquirrel »

Offline laoghaire

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • After the flood, all the colors came out.
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 04:57:07 PM »
Thanks for posting, that was fun.

They can definitely dance. And I like the music, lol. But except for One, it felt to me like the dancing was in no way connected to the music, like somebody just stuck a random audio track over the video.

The One dance seemed to have a connection to the music (not necessarily the lyrics but at least the music). Whoo, steamy stuff, lol.

Dunno if U2 is right for choreographed dancing.