Poll

**SPOILER** On the e+i tour, what song from experience or innocence albums do you want to hear most, which DO NOT seem to already be tour standards that are played on a nightly basis

The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
0 (0%)
Every Breaking Wave
1 (1.9%)
California (There Is No End to Love)
1 (1.9%)
Volcano
0 (0%)
Sleep Like a Baby Tonight
3 (5.8%)
This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
3 (5.8%)
The Troubles
2 (3.8%)
Lucifer's Hands
0 (0%)
The Crystal Ballroom
0 (0%)
Summer of Love
4 (7.7%)
Red Flag Day
3 (5.8%)
The Showman
6 (11.5%)
The Little Things That Give You Away
25 (48.1%)
Landlady
2 (3.8%)
Ordinary Love
0 (0%)
Book of Your Heart
2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author Topic: **SPOILER?**. e+i Non-standard Songs you want to hear most?  (Read 669 times)

Offline scrittoresabino

• Refugee
Poll options could give away what is being played
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 06:13:33 AM by scrittoresabino »

Offline scrittoresabino

• Refugee
Re: **SPOILER?**. e+i Non-standard Songs you want to hear most?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 06:34:23 AM »
I was imagining Gone transitioning into Showman. Perhaps even a Desire Fly Gone Showman arc. Sonically and thematically I think it would work well.

I dare to dream it could still happen. I mean, even after JT2017, the idea was floating around of what the e+i setlist could include/NOT include, due to that JT2017 tour. But even then, most of us didn't think it would actually come true

Offline robu2music

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 09:28:49 AM »
Red Flag day is a big hit. Must stay in the race.

Little things should end the show. Great build up, deep lyrics, and incredible last two minutes jam session. Classic U2.

Then play “13” on the PA.....as we walk away into our dream world.

Offline Domenico of Lovetown

• Precious Stone
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 02:08:17 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Little things should end the show. Great build up, deep lyrics, and incredible last two minutes jam session. Classic U2.

I agree that Red Flag Day needs to stay.  Little Things is a classic that should be in the encore.

Saint22

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 02:29:43 PM »

I agree that Red Flag Day needs to stay.  Little Things is a classic that should be in the encore.

Either in the encore or the last song of the main set. I'm still shocked that it isn't in the show.

Offline Domenico of Lovetown

• Precious Stone
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 02:35:43 PM »

Either in the encore or the last song of the main set. I'm still shocked that it isn't in the show.

The Little Things worked well as a closer for the Joshua Tree show I attended last year. 

It should have been the first single.

Offline laoghaire

• Numb
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 02:40:25 PM »
I thought Little Things was guaranteed and I'm still traumatized about its omission.

Red Flag Day, I'm pulling hard for it to stay in the setlist.

Offline scrittoresabino

• Refugee
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 06:07:44 PM »
I thought Little Things was guaranteed and I'm still traumatized about its omission.

Red Flag Day, I'm pulling hard for it to stay in the setlist.

100% agree! Red Flag Day should be a staple. Little Things should also be a real encore, where there is no intermission music, and they come back after crowd cheers. That would still keep the arc/trajectory of the main set of the show, with Little Things being an add on
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 06:09:24 PM by scrittoresabino »

Offline laoghaire

• Numb
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 06:19:54 PM »
I think the intermission story is very important - crucial, even. And then there's Acrobat, which must follow HMTM, and Little Things can't show up that early. I'd have to study the setlist to generate an opinion on where it should go - I don't have it cemented in my brain after YTBTAM/SATS.

Look, I have to confess something. This is weird. But Bono dancing on RFD is driving me crazy.

Offline scrittoresabino

• Refugee
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 06:27:28 PM »
I think the intermission story is very important - crucial, even. And then there's Acrobat, which must follow HMTM, and Little Things can't show up that early. I'd have to study the setlist to generate an opinion on where it should go - I don't have it cemented in my brain after YTBTAM/SATS.

Not sure if this was response to my comment. If it was, I meant that Little things should be played as the last encore. When I say "no intermission music" I just mean no music being played between 13 and Little Things. The current main arc should stay.

Offline laoghaire

• Numb
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 06:34:01 PM »
Sorry, misunderstood - I was thinking intermission = HMTM.

Offline laoghaire

• Numb
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2018, 06:39:18 PM »
So, wait, AFTER 13?

I'm good with that but my understanding is half the crowd are in their cars by the time 13 rolls around.

If it were my personal show I'd put it before Love is Bigger, instead of One. I realize ditching One would be problematic for more casual fans, though. What are you gonna do?

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2018, 06:52:16 PM »
I chose The Troubles, because I love that song, & it didn't really get a fair go during i+e.

But I'd really like to hear RFD most of all, it's just that it's about 1,000,000 times more likely to become a "standard" e+i song than The Troubles.

I'd also love to hear Summer of Love, could be great in the e-stage. Also always wanted to hear SLABT, second favourite SoI tune. But not sure if they could pull it off live, or where it would fit in this show. Disappointed Reach hasn't been played live, have no idea why.

Loving that they're giving LIAWHL a chance. One of my top two off SoE, & I wasn't expecting it to be in the show.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 07:05:51 PM by d.darroch »

Offline cocamojoe

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 06:56:04 PM »
They should play Exit either before or after Acrobat, to keep the dark mood around for more than just one song, then playing The Showman. I actually quite like this chill, downtempo version of The Best Thing, but only if Bono sings in his lower register for at the least the first two verses (he has this tendency to unnecessarily sing an octave higher than the song needs, as is “best” exemplified on the Vertigo Tour when they covered Love Will Tear Us Apart with Arcade Fire: an otherwise great cover was horribly marred by Bono’s singing way too high than was necessary..... moody, downtempo songs generally call for deeper voices, imo).

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2018, 07:02:57 PM »
They should play Exit either before or after Acrobat, to keep the dark mood around for more than just one song, then playing The Showman.

Yeah, that would be a sick combo. Agree, I think the start of the Experience set should start off darker, & Elevation & Vertigo just don't do that (although I'm sure they get the crowd in their feet).

But I guess they'll stick with their self-imposed TJT ban (unless the cave & put Streets late in the set). If they ever make it down under, hopefully they'll do Exit-Acrobat, as they don't have to be TJT-free down there.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 07:12:07 PM by d.darroch »