Author Topic: e+i Vegas 1 2018-05-11 ***Spoilers***  (Read 941 times)

Offline mambojoe

• Babyface
Re: e+i Vegas 1 2018-05-11 ***Spoilers***
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2018, 11:34:57 AM »
I agree with the comments regarding GA. I was at Vegas night 1. This show is meant to be seen from an ELEVATED perspective. There were a few thrilling moments when the band members are so close you could make eye contact, and everyone in the band just LOOKS phenomenal, but the sound quality varies when you're down on the floor near the stage, and having seen the Innocence tour from higher up in the seats, I felt like I missed 80% if the visual component of the show. If I had the chance to go again, I would go for first level seating, not the floor.
Highlights (for me) from the floor: Gloria, Red Flag Day, and Pride. I think Pride is SOOOO overplayed in all of the tours - I consider it the band's "Born To Run." but it sounded amazing this time. Not sure what they tweaked in the way they played it, but it sounded great, and it's shortened just a little, which doesn't hurt it at all.
If you didn't know what you were missing, then being on the floor up close is a wild party with a great crowd.

Offline Luzita

• Headache in a Suitcase
e+i Vegas 1 2018-05-11 ***Spoilers***
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2018, 02:32:11 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I agree with the comments regarding GA. I was at Vegas night 1. This show is meant to be seen from an ELEVATED perspective. There were a few thrilling moments when the band members are so close you could make eye contact, and everyone in the band just LOOKS phenomenal, but the sound quality varies when you're down on the floor near the stage, and having seen the Innocence tour from higher up in the seats, I felt like I missed 80% if the visual component of the show. If I had the chance to go again, I would go for first level seating, not the floor.
Highlights (for me) from the floor: Gloria, Red Flag Day, and Pride. I think Pride is SOOOO overplayed in all of the tours - I consider it the band's "Born To Run." but it sounded amazing this time. Not sure what they tweaked in the way they played it, but it sounded great, and it's shortened just a little, which doesn't hurt it at all.
If you didn't know what you were missing, then being on the floor up close is a wild party with a great crowd.

I agree there are many visual elements in this show that are meant to be seen from an elevated perspective. For example, the displays in the floor of the b-stage were great and probably not very visible from GA. However being in the upper level probably had a lot to do with the sound problems we experienced. So lower level seats is probably optimal for the audio-visual elements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 02:37:27 PM by Luzita »

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 04:19:50 PM »

I agree there are many visual elements in this show that are meant to be seen from an elevated perspective. For example, the displays in the floor of the b-stage were great and probably not very visible from GA. However being in the upper level probably had a lot to do with the sound problems we experienced. So lower level seats is probably optimal for the audio-visual elements.

Yeah, it's always a trade off in GA isn't it. Incredible energy, but you feel like you're missing a bit visually. Especially now, as the band moves so much more. It's tough to actually see the band for parts of the show from some areas in GA, & tough to see the screen. I feel 360, front of stage GA, may have been the only show you missed more from being very close. No visuals of the CLAW, extremely tough to see the screen overhead - my neck hurt! But the band did spend much, much more time on the main stage.

A spot near the "Pride"satellite stages may be the best of both worlds for this show. Good views of the screen at all times, pretty good views of both the main & e-stage, the energy of the floor (minus the statues holding up phones), & having a band member within spitting distance for a song.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 04:24:31 PM by d.darroch »

Offline mambojoe

• Babyface
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2018, 10:02:23 AM »
:::the energy of the floor (minus the statues holding up phones):::

Don't get me started. It was downright disrespectful. It MUST be somewhat disengaging and almost distracting for the band when they DO try to connect with audience members, and have nothing but statues holding phones in front of them. Someone in front of me was filming for 8 MINUTES - I could see the video timer on his phone. Another person was facetiming someone so they could see the show, and as they were right in front of me I had to watch his facetime caller for an entire song.

I admit I took some pics (wish I could post them here) - but honestly put my phone back in my pocket and let my hands fly free in the air every time the moment grabbed me. That's what a rock-n-roll show is supposed to be about. What you are capturing on your phone video will NEVER replicate the experience. Put the videophones down!!!!! Give yourself up to the moment and the music!!!