Author Topic: U2 at the Apollo June 11  (Read 3886 times)

Offline kevtn43

• Stateless
Re: U2 at the Apollo June 11
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2018, 03:46:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Based on rehearsal rumors from other sites, U2 could play in Apollo:

Angel of Harlem
Electric Co
When Love Comes To Town
Stuck In A Moment

Cheers,

J
I read that too im really interested in when love comes to town how would they do the BB King part would Edge sing that part

May 15, 2015
Very cool i will look for it, i was thinking that maybe they could use the video screen to show his image and song along like Lou Reed and satellite or love song on zoo tv tour

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2018, 08:44:07 AM »
Gavin grammed a photo of what looks like the Sun Ra arkestra. Should be interesting.

Offline fresno dave

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "You wanted violins.." about.me/davewainscott
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2018, 10:26:29 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mariomofo

• Babyface
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2018, 10:32:38 PM »
I like that setlist! Main set is really high energy!

Offline kevtn43

• Stateless
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2018, 04:48:26 PM »
Oh my gosh yes i love it hopefully they recorded this

Offline angelofharlem4u2

• Babyface
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2018, 06:02:50 PM »
Dreams do come true...I was able to attend this wonderful event on June 11th.  I am grateful to everyone who encouraged me to think positive.  It's a long story. but I was literally one of the "stand by" line people who got in!  U2 played a wonderful show in my backyard.

Offline laoghaire

• Party Girl/Boy
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2018, 07:48:14 PM »
Dreams do come true...I was able to attend this wonderful event on June 11th.  I am grateful to everyone who encouraged me to think positive.  It's a long story. but I was literally one of the "stand by" line people who got in!  U2 played a wonderful show in my backyard.

Wow!

Also, we like stories. Care to share?

Offline angelofharlem4u2

• Babyface
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2018, 01:30:14 AM »
OMG! The agony and the ecstasy. On June 9th in Uniondale, I asked Bono for a ticket to the Apollo show because I grew up four blocks from the venue, and he said "You're from Harlem?"  I said "yes." His reply: "Then you're in," and told me to give my information to his bodyguard, Ian. The weekend came and went with no updates.  On Monday morning, I get a text from a fellow fan/friend who knows Brian Murphy, who had called her to ask about me.  My contact said that Brian Murphy will see what he can do, but he made no promises.

I went to the Apollo after work and got on the "stand by" line - I was #51!  I approached big bodyguard Ian when he came out, and he had remembered me. He told me that he had forwarded the information, but would check again, but could not make any promises. I wanted to cry, seriously, but not in public. Then he came out with a woman who had a handful of tickets.   Some people ahead of me on line wanted to know why big bodyguard Ian came to me, and he said that I was a "special" case. When the lady asked me if I was alone, I motioned to a lady whom I had met in 2015. This fan arrived at 1 pm to be on the stand by line. I was not expecting more than one ticket! We ran because we heard music, then the ushers had told us that the band was not yet on stage! We ran for the stairs, and my colleague said that she had to use the restroom. After that, she wanted cocktails, and I became anxious! Lol.

We made it to the seats just in time. My colleague pointed out Jon Bon Jovi, Robert Kraft, Kristy Turlington, Mrs. Paul McCartney, Jared Leto, none of whom I was interested in, lol. We were on the LL MEZZANINE. The crowd was electric. Red Flag Day at last! A wonderful view of Edge!! I was not aware until after the show that the stand by line people were selected randomly, not in numerical order. I was starving after the show because I only had Starbursts in my bag (I came straight from work)! I caught Whole Foods before they closed, and was up most of the night. Above all, I believe that my friend/fellow fan advocating for me helped, which allowed me to help another fan get in when I was offered two tickets.

Always dream out loud...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 01:38:10 AM by angelofharlem4u2 »

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2018, 06:33:28 AM »
Thanks for sharing. I call that post Red Type Post.

Offline afg

• Wanderer
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2018, 12:17:55 PM »
OMG! The agony and the ecstasy. On June 9th in Uniondale, I asked Bono for a ticket to the Apollo show because I grew up four blocks from the venue, and he said "You're from Harlem?"  I said "yes." His reply: "Then you're in," and told me to give my information to his bodyguard, Ian. The weekend came and went with no updates.  On Monday morning, I get a text from a fellow fan/friend who knows Brian Murphy, who had called her to ask about me.  My contact said that Brian Murphy will see what he can do, but he made no promises.

I went to the Apollo after work and got on the "stand by" line - I was #51!  I approached big bodyguard Ian when he came out, and he had remembered me. He told me that he had forwarded the information, but would check again, but could not make any promises. I wanted to cry, seriously, but not in public. Then he came out with a woman who had a handful of tickets.   Some people ahead of me on line wanted to know why big bodyguard Ian came to me, and he said that I was a "special" case. When the lady asked me if I was alone, I motioned to a lady whom I had met in 2015. This fan arrived at 1 pm to be on the stand by line. I was not expecting more than one ticket! We ran because we heard music, then the ushers had told us that the band was not yet on stage! We ran for the stairs, and my colleague said that she had to use the restroom. After that, she wanted cocktails, and I became anxious! Lol.

We made it to the seats just in time. My colleague pointed out Jon Bon Jovi, Robert Kraft, Kristy Turlington, Mrs. Paul McCartney, Jared Leto, none of whom I was interested in, lol. We were on the LL MEZZANINE. The crowd was electric. Red Flag Day at last! A wonderful view of Edge!! I was not aware until after the show that the stand by line people were selected randomly, not in numerical order. I was starving after the show because I only had Starbursts in my bag (I came straight from work)! I caught Whole Foods before they closed, and was up most of the night. Above all, I believe that my friend/fellow fan advocating for me helped, which allowed me to help another fan get in when I was offered two tickets.

Always dream out loud...

Glad you got in!!!!!  We were first row balcony in the center.  You must have been nearby because Kraft and Bon Jovi were 2 rows behind us.  By far the best rock show and best U2 show I have ever seen and will likely ever see!  So many special moments but Wild Horses was the climax for us.  One of my favs and they nailed it!

Offline angelofharlem4u2

• Babyface
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2018, 05:55:09 PM »
Yes, my #1 U2 show! 

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2018, 09:30:02 PM »

Always dream out loud...

Great story! Thanks for sharing and glad you had a fun time.

320 mp3 link here for the SiriusXM stream, btw... minus Red Flag Day. Please delete if not allowed, Mods!

« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 09:31:41 PM by trevgreg »