Author Topic: U2 at the Apollo June 11  (Read 4564 times)

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
U2 at the Apollo June 11
« on: May 15, 2018, 06:58:10 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
Re: U2 at the Apollo June 11
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 07:15:30 AM »

Offline kevtn43

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 04:59:39 PM »
Very cool i wonder if they may change some of the set list like adding angel of Harlem

Offline angelofharlem4u2

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 05:11:29 PM »
A dream has almost come true....
Three years ago when U2 were in New York for their I&E tour, I waited with countless other fans to meet them on July 18, 2015. When Bono came out, he signed my sign and Billie Holiday postcard. I am so shy, but I wrestled up the courage to tell him that I am U2's #1 fan (everyone says that), that I grew up in Harlem, and wished that they'd come perform at the Apollo Theatre. When I met Edge, I also asked him about the Apollo. Today while at work, I received a text from a friend informing me that U2 will perform at the Apollo this June (sponsored by Sirius). I want to be there! I've seen them in different cities, but the Apollo would be my fondest memory, for sure! I grew up not too far from the Apollo, and U2's music has inspired me, given me hope, as well as entertained me. I have to be there!! Romona (aka angelofharlem4u2).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 07:10:17 PM by angelofharlem4u2 »

Offline GoldenStateGirl

• Stateless
  • As the moon spins around, I need your love
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 05:58:55 PM »
Three years ago when U2 were in New York for their I&E tour, I waited with countless other fans to meet them on July 18, 2015. When Bono came out, he signed my sign and Billie Holiday postcard. I am so shy, but I wrestled up the courage to tell him that I am U2's #1 fan (everyone says that), that I grew up in Harlem, and wished that they'd come perform at the Apollo Theatre. When I met Edge, I also asked him about the Apollo. Today while at work, I received a text from a friend infoming me that U2 will perform at the Apollo this June (sponsored by Sirius). I want to be there! I've seem them in different cities, but the Apollo would be my fondest memory, for sure! I grew up not too far from the Apollo, and U2's music has inspired me, given me hope, as well as entertained me. I have to be there!! Romona (aka angelofharlem4u2).
Good luck, Romona! xo GoldenStateGirl

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 07:31:09 PM »
Three years ago when U2 were in New York for their I&E tour, I waited with countless other fans to meet them on July 18, 2015. When Bono came out, he signed my sign and Billie Holiday postcard. I am so shy, but I wrestled up the courage to tell him that I am U2's #1 fan (everyone says that), that I grew up in Harlem, and wished that they'd come perform at the Apollo Theatre. When I met Edge, I also asked him about the Apollo. Today while at work, I received a text from a friend informing me that U2 will perform at the Apollo this June (sponsored by Sirius). I want to be there! I've seen them in different cities, but the Apollo would be my fondest memory, for sure! I grew up not too far from the Apollo, and U2's music has inspired me, given me hope, as well as entertained me. I have to be there!! Romona (aka angelofharlem4u2).
Great story. Good luck. Dream out loud.

Offline 73October

• Running to Stand Still
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 12:06:46 PM »
I wish they would play Liverpool again.  I was a young child when they played Liverpool on my birthday in 1981 and so had not heard of them at the time.  The venue they played at (Royal Court) has been reverted back to a working theatre since the opening of the arena in the area.  There are other venues similar to how the Royal Court used to be and it would be great if they could play Liverpool again on my birthday.  A smaller venue would be nice, but the Echo Arena would be good too.

Offline Domenico of Lovetown

• Precious Stone
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 06:05:57 AM »
Very cool i wonder if they may change some of the set list like adding angel of Harlem

Maybe Jimmy Fallon's Band can assist with Angel of Harlem and When Love Comes To Town.

Offline laoghaire

• Numb
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 06:35:11 AM »
They are The Roots, and are waaaaaaaay more than Jimmy Fallon's Band.

Offline Domenico of Lovetown

• Precious Stone
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 06:43:29 AM »
They are The Roots, and are waaaaaaaay more than Jimmy Fallon's Band.

Yes, The Roots.  I'm pretty disconnected from that scene, but I do remember a fantastic Angel of Harlem collaboration some years back.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2018, 07:21:52 PM »

Maybe Jimmy Fallon's Band can assist with Angel of Harlem and When Love Comes To Town.

Great performance. I think they might have to rehearse for this on tour if they are going to pull out some special tunes. Reminds me of 2009 Rock Hall and 2015 Roxy gigs.

Offline angelofharlem4u2

• Babyface
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 06:10:35 PM »
The guys should have brunch at this spot before their show:

Offline laoghaire

• Numb
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 06:31:28 PM »
I don't have the link handy but Adam says Edge is cooking up a set list (and it's not the same as the E+I set list but special to this show).

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 06:52:26 PM »

That is a convincing story.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 07:30:04 PM »
I'm calling Heartland for the Apollo.