Author Topic: **Spoilers?** Tour advice/opinions  (Read 388 times)

Offline Onob_Nosweh

• Babyface
**Spoilers?** Tour advice/opinions
« on: May 16, 2018, 12:24:36 PM »
Hello! Longtime lurker, first-time poster!

I used to be a hardcore U2 fan (Zoo TV was my first ever rock concert and converted me immediately). I'm one of those fans that jumped off the bandwagon after ATYCLB came out. Reading some of the posts on this forum leads me to believe there are some kindred spirits here.  :)

I come here to ask for advice/opinions. I'm debating whether or not to drive from MN to the Omaha show this Saturday.

I've only seen a few reviews posted. What do people think of the tour thus far? How is Bono's voice? How is the visual design?

I saw a Joshua Tree show last year. Went in without expectations and had a good time. I've been watching some YouTube vids of this tour, but that hasn't been encouraging. It seems like the stage design is way too big to really get a sense of the experience from a phone video. Any thoughts/opinions would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 12:25:17 PM by Onob_Nosweh »

Offline bass slap

• Running to Stand Still
  • Hot as a hair dryer.. In your face!
Re: **Spoilers?** Tour advice/opinions
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 03:36:21 PM »
No such thing as a bad u2 show. If you go in with expectations about them only playing pre 2000 songs (jt practically did this) then you will be disappointed. But reality is there's something for everyone in this set list and production will be top notch.

Only live once as they say, no brainer just go..

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 07:00:58 PM »
It's a U2 show. Go.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 07:30:33 PM »
Farkin’ ipad, just wrote a massive message, & it was deleted when refreshed.

So quickly. Do it. It’s visually spectacular. Like ZooTV, it’s a sight to behold.

Others have said Bono’s voice is good, though he’s not 30 anymore. The set list is heavy on the last two albums, but there is something for everyone.

It’s an arena show. They are brilliant, much more intimate than a stadium. FYI, TJT screen was 200ft, e+i screen is 96ft. You’ll be much closer than you were for TJT.

I’d recommend GA tickets, so much more energy. But hang back a bit, at least for some of the show, to see the visuals.

Primary sales of GA’s are sold out. I’m sure there will be ticket drops, but maybe too late for you (they actually had a GA ticket drop yesterday for Omaha). But you can get an authorised resale GA on TM for $105 (incl. fees).
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 07:45:04 PM by d.darroch »

Offline McSwilly

• Refugee
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 07:40:15 PM »
If time and money is no issue, and you are OK with a set list of about 50% post ATYCLB, then go.

The production is awesome, the sound is great and it is U2! Also, depending on the show they might be offering reduced priced tickets in the final days if it is not sold out.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 07:49:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Also, depending on the show they might be offering reduced priced tickets in the final days if it is not sold out.

They are already. Plenty of $41 seats in the upper tiers, with good views of the screen. Even one right near the front of the uppers (in section 220), with a great view. That would have been a $330 seat in MSG when tickets initially went on sale!

Tonnes & tonnes of lower level seats available on Edge's side, in perfect spots. Still $325 at the front rows of the lower tier. But the middle rows of the lower tier are $171, upper rows of the lower tier are $106. Bargains to be had!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 05:50:21 AM by d.darroch »

Offline Onob_Nosweh

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 09:49:46 AM »
I appreciate all the responses. If I can secure cheapish lodging, I think I'm going to Omaha. :)

Online laoghaire

• Numb
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 11:55:39 AM »
I am super excited on your behalf :)