Author Topic: New Person  (Read 507 times)

Offline CaraRR

• Babyface
New Person
« on: May 16, 2018, 05:22:29 PM »
Hello!
Just joined a few minutes ago. I've never joined a U2 board before, so thanks for having me.
I've liked this band for a while. My dad was a huge fan so I grew up listening to them and continue to love them on my own. Hope everyone is well, happy, and healthy.  :)

Online laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
Re: New Person
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 05:53:37 PM »
Welcome! Is there something that converted you to a fan, or was it just exposure over time by your dad? And even if just your dad, when did you start wanting to hear the music yourself rather than just passively enjoying your dad playing it?

Offline CaraRR

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 08:41:23 AM »
Hi!
Thanks for the reply! I like your question, and hope it's not too, too personal.
I started wanting to hear U2, on my own, after my parents got divorced, mom got custody, and I saw my dad only every few weeks. He traveled a lot for work, so I didn't talk to him as I usually did. Listening to them made me feel connected to him somehow. I'd listen to one of the CDs and mention it to him when we talked again. He seemed surprised, yet pleased. Since then, I've gone with him to 2 concerts, and we'll go to our 3rd concert together June.   :D

Online laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 10:51:53 AM »
That's a really sweet way to have a connection with your dad.

Do you have favorite songs or albums? Have you listened to all the albums? Do you like the new album?

Offline CaraRR

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 12:31:28 AM »
Hello! I have listened to all of the albums. I think my favorite is War. It talks to me somehow.
My absolute favorite song is Exit. How about you? What is your fave album(s) and song(s)?

Online laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 05:29:39 AM »
Well, right now my favorite album is SOE because I'm still immersed in it. Really hard to pick a favorite song overall but some favorites off SOE are Red Flag Day and The Little Things That Give You Away. U2 have been my favorite for 30 years so I've been through a looooot of favorite songs and albums over the years. I love the live version of Exit from Rattle and Hum. I assume you saw the song performed last year. I didn't - you've been to more concerts than I have. I only saw Zoo TV, twice, 26 years ago - but it was a good show to have seen! Headed to E&I next month and realllllly looking forward to it!