Author Topic: I've Found What I'm Looking For!  (Read 604 times)

Offline ancatdubh1995

• Stranger in a Strange Land
I've Found What I'm Looking For!
« on: May 18, 2018, 08:13:58 AM »
Where has this been my whole life??

Been a die-hard U2 fan since I saw them in 2005. My gateways were 1) seeing them on the Vertigo Tour when I was 10 years old, and 2) soon thereafter becoming obsessed with their performance at Live Aid. Can't wait to see the band in Philly and DC next month!

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
Re: I've Found What I'm Looking For!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 09:26:36 AM »
Welcome! I've been here for two months so I'm faily new too.

Did you see Vertigo live or on DVD? Either way, did your parents take/show you? Are they casual fans or more hardcore?

I have been aware of the Live Aid performance for decades but only saw a video once, decades ago, until recently when I went through kind of a thing watching it way too many times and trying to figure it out. My feeling evolved from "what a train-wreck" to "what a glorious performance" pretty quickly. I dragged up an old thread about it if you want to search for Live Aid and share your experience with it.

Offline ancatdubh1995

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 12:11:01 PM »
I saw Vertigo live in Philly. Bruce Springsteen came out for the encore. My parents are casual fans but my brother and I loved HTDAAB.

The performance of Bad at Live Aid gives me chills to this day. Thanks for the response :)

Offline UltravioletFry

• Babyface
  • Dagen idag er min dag!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 04:11:39 PM »
Bruce Springsteen and U2 performing together even for one song, your soo lucky! That is what I'm hoping  for when I'm going to see U2 in september, but of course I don't expect that will happen. :-D So again you lucky one!

And of course WELCOME :D 8) I'm new here too.