Author Topic: Achtung Baby Anniversary Tour?  (Read 1236 times)

Offline scrittoresabino

• Refugee
Achtung Baby Anniversary Tour?
« on: May 23, 2018, 02:16:22 AM »
There have been a few articles/interviews discussing the possibility of a Anniversary tour for Achtung Baby. I believe The Edge has been quoted that it could be a possiblity?

Achtung Baby will turn 30 in 2021, 3 years from now. By that time most members of U2 will be 61. They probably won't have any more anniversary tours after that, due to age, and albums that they may deem as worthy of such a tour.

I would love to see them do an Achtung Baby anniversary tour, however, make it a mostly 90s trilogy - playing all of AB, with a lot from Zooropa and Pop, other 90s sprinkled in, and a few newer tunes. That would be amazing.

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: Achtung Baby Anniversary Tour?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 02:34:19 AM »
I believe they will.

Hope so anyways.

Offline summerholly

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 04:40:14 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Achtung Baby will turn 30 in 2021, 3 years from now. By that time most members of U2 will be 61. They probably won't have any more anniversary tours after that, due to age, and albums that they may deem as worthy of such a tour.

I doubt being being in their sixties would stop them unless they had ill health.  We had Paul McCartney and Roger Waters touring recently and they are in their mid seventies and put on great shows! 

Saint22

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 07:26:42 AM »
I might literally die of happiness if this comes to pass.

Offline wons

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 09:26:49 AM »
There have been a few articles/interviews discussing the possibility of a Anniversary tour for Achtung Baby. I believe The Edge has been quoted that it could be a possiblity?

I would love to see them do an Achtung Baby anniversary tour, however, make it a mostly 90s trilogy - playing all of AB, with a lot from Zooropa and Pop, other 90s sprinkled in, and a few newer tunes. That would be amazing.

Achtung Baby was released on November 19, 1991, essentially at the end of 1991. The ZOO TV tour did not start until February 1992. Since it won't be 30 years until November 19, 2021, If they do a tour to celebrate, it will take place in 2022.

They might do it, or they might not do it. I really think it has to do with timing for the next album/tour cycle. New music is more important to U2 than a nostalgia tour. The only reason the Joshua Tree Tour 2017 happened was because the band had not finished writing and recording Songs Of Experience. It was basically an accident that was supposed to just be one or two shows, turned into 10 shows, and then into 50.

There is a chance, but it has to somehow fit in with their schedule for new music and new tours.

Offline savoyard

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 12:02:34 PM »
Anniversary tour accompanied by the new Songs of Accent album.  8)

Offline scrittoresabino

• Refugee
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 12:23:09 PM »
If this tour happens, aside from all of Achtung Baby, what are some songs that should be included in that tour?

Offline Onob_Nosweh

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 12:48:34 PM »
If this tour happens, aside from all of Achtung Baby, what are some songs that should be included in that tour?

All of Zooropa.  :)
Satellite of Love

Offline chefconti

• Babyface
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 06:02:02 PM »
If this tour happens, and I hope it does, I wonder if the show itself will be Zoo TV 2.0 or something entirely different.

Offline scrittoresabino

• Refugee
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 06:20:27 PM »
I would imagine they would use some of the imagery like flashing words/slogans during The Fly, the trabants, Zoo Baby, and PreacherMan. Aside from that they would modernize all those things and add more

Offline coolz481

• Refugee
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 06:40:18 PM »
Didn't they basically already do an Achtung Baby anniversary tour on the latter legs of 360 though? 

Offline scrittoresabino

• Refugee
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 06:45:28 PM »
Didn't they basically already do an Achtung Baby anniversary tour on the latter legs of 360 though?

They started to play 5 songs from Achtung Baby towards the end. Thats still less than half of AB. 5 songs is about what they played from JT on ZooTV at the peak of JT songs.

Offline SwimmingSorrows

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Some folks are bound for glory, I was Born to Hang
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 07:35:05 PM »
I think one of them said somewhere that if they did this it would be the ZOO.com tour.  I don't want them to do it, as it would be another step into nostalgia, but I would definitely go see it and would be utterly psyched about it.

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 10:04:40 PM »
Sure why not?

Offline 64ac30

• Stateless
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2018, 12:05:33 AM »
Its not going to happen