Author Topic: Chicago 5/22 Bono’s fall  (Read 1859 times)

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
Re: Chicago 5/22 Bono’s fall
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2018, 11:59:01 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If that is in response to the talk about the sh**ty YT comments, I'm guessing you didn't read them. Your jokes on this thread were appropriate. The sh** on YT is beyond nasty.

It is unfortunate that Mr Caldwell has a problem with Bono.  Other people seem to have a problem with him too and that's OK to some extent as everyone has their opinions which aren't always something that I would agree with.  But to call fans dumb is laughable. 
I think that Mr Caldwell needs to: 1. Mask his identity on YT if he is of the mind to make these kinds of comments and 2. seek appropriate help and support.

Offline laoghaire

• Staring at the Sun
  • I love the peaceful life.
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2018, 01:35:48 PM »
I don't know who Mr. Caldwell is, I'm assuming a YT commenter. I don't have a problem with people who have a problem with Bono. I have a problem with Justin Bieber. I think he's a sh**ty human being. You won't find me wishing he broke his jaw or died.

Offline summerholly

• Refugee
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2018, 06:29:21 PM »
For all those precious types. Bono is saged, self depreciating Irish man. There is a certain black or gallows humour that is associated with an event like that. Humour is how it is dealt with. He recovered immediately, he's fine. He'll be the first one to mock himself about it.

What like really hoping that he had broken his neck and died?  I wouldn't call that humour. Some of the YT comments were bad, total lack of any empathy, not funny at all.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 06:54:59 PM by summerholly »

Offline ian ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Child of Grace
  • Don't worry, baby, it'll be alright
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2018, 09:11:50 PM »
You don't get it so just go away.

I could have broken my neck writing this post but I didn't.

Telling people to go away because they disagree with you doesn’t do anyone on here a bit of good. Not sure why it’s still so difficult to communicate that we want these boards to be welcoming to people, not antagonistic to them.

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2018, 12:19:37 PM »
Summerholly, I'll let you know if I find the block (ignore) feature on this forum.

If one wanted interference "sass" and "hilarity", one would have gone there. OR HOPEFULLY STAY THERE.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2018, 10:26:20 PM »
Summerholly is right.  No one who possesses good will would be gleeful about someone's serious fall and wish him worse.  I agree, if you want true snark Interference could be a great spot.

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2018, 10:44:34 AM »
Girls, moderator hawkeye was very helpful in how to block interference-style attention seekers. How-to below: