Author Topic: Likelihood of 2019 North American tour?  (Read 4255 times)

Offline Swedescott

• Babyface
Likelihood of 2019 North American tour?
« on: May 23, 2018, 08:21:41 PM »
Any thoughts on the likelihood of this tour returning to North America in 2019?  I'm not sure what past history suggests, but curious what everyone's thoughts are.  I'm hoping there are more chances to see the show next year!

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: Likelihood of 2019 North American tour?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 10:03:30 PM »
Nope.

Offline Chargedvt

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 11:31:23 PM »
Hopefully not.

Offline superdragtn

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 05:55:55 AM »
I can't afford another U2 tour, album, remasters, etc. for a while.  The past few years have been great, but my wallet's hurting!  They need to remember their fans have 401(k)s to contribute to now!

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 07:03:27 AM »
Maybe Australia?

Offline NJU2Fan

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 10:03:08 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I can't afford another U2 tour, album, remasters, etc. for a while.  The past few years have been great, but my wallet's hurting!  They need to remember their fans have 401(k)s to contribute to now!

Hear that.  Would be interesting especially since a number of shows haven't sold out.  Though it seems like most of those seats are upstairs behind the stage.

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 11:49:55 AM »

Hear that.  Would be interesting especially since a number of shows haven't sold out.  Though it seems like most of those seats are upstairs behind the stage.
Just spend money on concert tix (if close by you and you deem worthwhile) and thr deluxe SoE CD ($15). All the memorabilia $100+ crap just becomes personsl junk, to be tossed when you move house eventually. I care a lot about maxing my 401 and investing. My inspiration? The savvy Bono and Edge. Bono and his 1% or ehatever share of facebook wow.

Op. Haha must be a joke question just to pep up this forum.

Offline McSwilly

• Refugee
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 12:40:32 PM »
Zero point zero. The shows aren't even selling out. They need to go to Asia / Australia or take a break.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 05:26:32 PM »

It's not just the rear upper cheapies that aren't being sold out. Plenty of $330 seats left too. People who have bought those cheap rear uppers are being moved to unsold seats in better sessions for free, so those rear sections can be curtained off. While other seats are being greatly reduced, $330 seats selling for as little as $76. Note, this is the primary sales, not secondary market tickets.

Bring on an Aussie tour instead of the 5th US leg in 4 years.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 05:31:42 PM by d.darroch »

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 06:50:50 PM »
Any thoughts on the likelihood of this tour returning to North America in 2019?  I'm not sure what past history suggests, but curious what everyone's thoughts are.  I'm hoping there are more chances to see the show next year!

I have doubts about it, but it is possible since they skipped some big cities. The following cities could get shows in 2019 if they tour NA again.

Seattle
San Diego
Salt Lake City
Phoenix
Denver
Dallas
Houston
Tampa
Miami
Kansas City
Minneapolis
Detroit
Columbus
Pittsburgh
Atlanta
Charlotte
Vancouver
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Toronto

20 Big cities that they skipped on this years tour with the exception of Atlanta. I think they could easily do a total of 30 shows among those 20 cities. Some places getting only one night while others getting two nights. They won't be returning though to markets they played this year, with the exception of Atlanta.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2018, 01:04:40 PM »
Like the others here, I doubt it.  Had they not done the Joshua Tree 2017 tour last year, this tour would more likely have more demand, and additional legs might be warranted.  I think what you're seeing is the result of them almost touring too much--I'm not complaining, mind you, but there seems to be a finite demand, particularly when tickets are as expensive as they are.

Offline dirtdrybonesandstone

• Numb
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2018, 05:16:38 PM »
Id rather see TJT return than this one, which I suspect it could given they are playing nothing from it on this tour.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 05:20:25 PM by dirtdrybonesandstone »

Offline JaraSangASongAWeapon

• Party Girl/Boy
  • And the moon turned red over One Tree Hill
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2018, 01:23:59 AM »
There's no announcement or a strong rumor of even one show after Dublin 4.

I've said this before and I'll go out on a limb...I think the band's touring days are numbered and this current US leg maybe the last one, at least under the Live Nation deal that ends in March 2020.

After Dublin 4, the next shows need to be Australia/NZ/Japan. Great fans down there and they deserve to see them play. But there's a good reason U2 haven't played there since Vertigo...it's beyond expensive to mount a world tour in those parts and Live Nation is a business, and so is U2.

Also, I'll go further out on a limb and the band may shock us all when they quit touring after Dublin 4. What better place to finish than Dublin? End with 40 and walk off into the myst.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2018, 07:10:17 AM »
There's no announcement or a strong rumor of even one show after Dublin 4.

I've said this before and I'll go out on a limb...I think the band's touring days are numbered and this current US leg maybe the last one, at least under the Live Nation deal that ends in March 2020.

After Dublin 4, the next shows need to be Australia/NZ/Japan. Great fans down there and they deserve to see them play. But there's a good reason U2 haven't played there since Vertigo...it's beyond expensive to mount a world tour in those parts and Live Nation is a business, and so is U2.

Also, I'll go further out on a limb and the band may shock us all when they quit touring after Dublin 4. What better place to finish than Dublin? End with 40 and walk off into the myst.

Id say that sounds fatalistic, but every tour at this point has the risk of being their last, intentionally or not. Its nice the were able to see the I+E cycle through, if this were to be it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Online hollywoodswag

• Stateless
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2018, 06:17:09 PM »

Other than Japan, those countries got shows during the 360 tour.