Author Topic: The Real Reason U2 is Hated  (Read 2809 times)

Offline JTNash

• Numb
Re: The Real Reason U2 is Hated
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2018, 02:39:00 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Oftentimes we only hear much about people's charity work after they die.
just watched a documentary on George Michael, that definitely the case with him.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2018, 02:40:20 PM »
Was George mentally ill?  I liked his music, too.

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2018, 02:55:03 PM »
Was George mentally ill?  I liked his music, too.
depression and anxiety are suspected. I wanted to give him a hug through the TV he was lonely a lot of his life. He also was an addict. I suspect he self medicated his whole life for his depression and anxiety.  He was on my wall in my room forever even when I didn’t live there lol.  Big George Poster, I also had the Joshua Tree and Actung Baby album cover posters.

I once saw a rock star wives thing and they all pretty much said they would be dead if not for their wives.  It was Dee Snyder’s wife and John Bon Jovi’s wife and a few others. 

I suspect trouble with his wife killed Chris Cornell along with depression and anxiety

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2018, 05:40:53 PM »
I had the old Unforgettable Fire poster in my first apartment.  Bono wearing his funny Irish cap.

Offline Clarky

• Numb
  • I've got a head like a lit cigarette
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2018, 07:45:20 PM »
I think it's a no-win situation when you combine success and riches with attempts to impart profundity. It gets interpreted and misconstrued as hypocrisy and pomposity. I'm 'Bono-enlightened' so I don't receive it that way, but I can kind of understand why a lot of people initially get turned off. And once that is set in, it's hard to undo. And yes, its fun and fashionable to be offended by things that well-off celebrities, who appear to have their life in order, have to say to the common people these days... regardless of what they are actually saying. If people listened, or didn't just pick and choose the things that trigger them, maybe Bono and co. wouldn't be regarded quite the same way that they are.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 07:47:01 PM by Clarky »

Offline PopMart_1997

• Stateless
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2018, 08:40:56 PM »
I don't spend much time worrying about why u2 is hated.  I'm happy to enjoy the music they give us and find ways to enjoy different songs in different ways.
really? I try to be the U2 avenger all over the internet.  Rolling Stone articles and anywhere U2 justice needs to be served.  Lol
Amen!