Author Topic: GA check in  (Read 1802 times)

Offline Ginapier@msn.com

• Babyface
Re: GA check in
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2018, 10:38:36 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just ask to speak to the line Nazis.

Oh great....

Well if all hope fails at least I have redzone for MSG as well on 6/25....

Offline marielm

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2018, 04:04:21 PM »
Thanks for all of the replies... my goal is a stage rail so I am hopeful my flights go smoothly and I can get to Uniondale by noon. I live about 1/2 hour away from the venue..

Where will I find information about where to get the numbers?

Your answers and help are so appreciated..Iím so upset about this business trip because it is cutting way too close to the show!

I am also trying to form a plan - driving out from Queens - right now the website for the Coliseum says parking lot doesn't open until 2 hours before doors open.  But I imagine people will be on line before then - but when and where does that begin?  Should I drive out early, get a number, and kill time somewhere until the parking lot opens?

Offline Ginapier@msn.com

• Babyface
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2018, 07:25:58 PM »
Thanks for all of the replies... my goal is a stage rail so I am hopeful my flights go smoothly and I can get to Uniondale by noon. I live about 1/2 hour away from the venue..

Where will I find information about where to get the numbers?

Your answers and help are so appreciated..Iím so upset about this business trip because it is cutting way too close to the show!

I am also trying to form a plan - driving out from Queens - right now the website for the Coliseum says parking lot doesn't open until 2 hours before doors open.  But I imagine people will be on line before then - but when and where does that begin?  Should I drive out early, get a number, and kill time somewhere until the parking lot opens?

Chances are you will probably need to get the number the day before the show and have to check in a few times at the designated spot...wherever that may be.... in St. Louis the hotel didnít want the crowd gathering outside their doors so it was moved to a corner near the venue...it all went very smoothly and the venue honored the fan line...it was all too good too be true and then the show got canceled... :'(

Iím assuming for Uniondale a local coffee shop or something nearby who knows....ny crowd is going to be very different unfortunately...

I can guarantee you that even though the venue claims 2 hours before showtime...if you are a die hard that wants a rail spot...b stage, you will need to get there early....

We shall see...

Offline teacher_mommy_u2fan

• Stateless
  • Dreaming Out Loud
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2018, 03:48:24 PM »
Here's my experience for what it's worth. We did GA for the 1st time in Nashville. We didn't get a number until late Friday. We were in the 300s. In Nashville, the venue put a stop to check-ins so we didn't have to be there until 4:30 on Saturday. We found our spot in line and were wristbanded by the venue. I saw the show in St. Louis from lower level seats so I knew where I wanted to be and went to it. I had a rail spot on the e stage. I was directly behind Larry and his drum kit. From that vantage point, you can see the screen. I'm 5'0" so I couldn't see the main stage but my husband could. The ladies next to me had numbers in the 60s. A lot of people still cluster at the main stage and catwalk, but I think the e stage is the most fun. I never thought I would have a rail spot in GA and I did it on the first try. I don't expect to be that lucky ever again and it was worth every minute.

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2018, 04:33:50 PM »
Here's my experience for what it's worth. We did GA for the 1st time in Nashville. We didn't get a number until late Friday. We were in the 300s. In Nashville, the venue put a stop to check-ins so we didn't have to be there until 4:30 on Saturday. We found our spot in line and were wristbanded by the venue. I saw the show in St. Louis from lower level seats so I knew where I wanted to be and went to it. I had a rail spot on the e stage. I was directly behind Larry and his drum kit. From that vantage point, you can see the screen. I'm 5'0" so I couldn't see the main stage but my husband could. The ladies next to me had numbers in the 60s. A lot of people still cluster at the main stage and catwalk, but I think the e stage is the most fun. I never thought I would have a rail spot in GA and I did it on the first try. I don't expect to be that lucky ever again and it was worth every minute.
I didnít check in at all or wait more then 10 minutes in line I was between Red Zone and cat walk was even at the rail for it bit. 

The check in is in my opinion fans trying to be important

Offline 64ac30

• Stateless
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2018, 05:38:11 PM »
I didnít check in at all or wait more then 10 minutes in line I was between Red Zone and cat walk was even at the rail for it bit. 

I think to them itís more like studying for an exam. Itís essential for them and if they donít do it, theyíd rather be at the very back rather than second row, which is sad. Starting a check in earlier only makes things harder for everyone else

Offline teacher_mommy_u2fan

• Stateless
  • Dreaming Out Loud
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2018, 08:17:37 PM »

I don't totally disagree with you there. As I said, this was this first time we had ever done GA so we went with the status quo. As I also said, I'm 5'0" and would not be able to see anything if we got stuck too far back. We're well in our 40s and my husband's back issues may prevent this in the future. It was worth playing the game once for the experience.

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2018, 08:38:56 PM »

I don't totally disagree with you there. As I said, this was this first time we had ever done GA so we went with the status quo. As I also said, I'm 5'0" and would not be able to see anything if we got stuck too far back. We're well in our 40s and my husband's back issues may prevent this in the future. It was worth playing the game once for the experience.
me and hubs are both in our 40s too and  Iím 5í3 and heís 5í4 maybe, we are virtually challenged.  Only problem I had was people holding their cell phones right in my view.

I was worried about being so short but it was totally fine

Saint22

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2018, 12:49:31 PM »

+1

And I trust them about as far as I can throw them.

Saint22

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2018, 03:08:08 PM »

I lined up at 5:30 on Saturday, stood in line for 45 minutes, and stood directly behind someone with a number in the 20s.

The thing is, even if I wanted to be up front the whole night, I wouldn't trust the line runners, because that's probably the spot they want for themselves and their friends as well. Otherwise, why run the line? I don't trust people who say 'OK! Line starts behind me! I'm first!' and honestly, if you aren't one of very first people, it doesn't matter a bit on this tour where you are. 20 to 300. It is all the same.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 03:26:37 PM by Saint22 »

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2018, 03:18:45 PM »
Exactly Saint itís a ploy to make sure they get their special place.  It appears to be an exclusive club too.  I saw people in the Nashville GA that I recognized from DVDs

Saint22

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2018, 03:25:48 PM »
Exactly Saint itís a ploy to make sure they get their special place.  It appears to be an exclusive club too.  I saw people in the Nashville GA that I recognized from DVDs

I can't remember if I saw this here or elsewhere, but someone took a screen shot of a FB message where one of these line runners messaged them saying 'let me know if you want in with me and my friends, and I'll put you down with us and you can just join whenever'.

I mean, the potential for abuse there is just overwhelming.

Offline Ginapier@msn.com

• Babyface
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2018, 02:52:02 PM »
This whole thing just stressed me out. Its a lot of work!

I haven't really even seen any information about where the "fan check in" is supposed to be for Uniondale... I've been stalking Facebook and forums and its like this secret thing... We are ALL FANS.. hell... I'm older than most of the people at the rails! First saw U2 in 1984 and the fan line is run by people who probably weren't even born in 84! we just all need to be kind to one another cas I've seen it get ugly ,...

I'm sitting here at a customer visit in Ecuador praying my red eye back to New York goes smoothly so I can try to get a number on my wrist ughhhhh wish me luck...I'm going to the show alone and I really really really want the rail!

Offline marielm

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2018, 03:50:51 PM »

I haven't really even seen any information about where the "fan check in" is supposed to be for Uniondale... I've been stalking Facebook and forums and its like this secret thing... We are ALL FANS.. hell... I'm older than most of the people at the rails! First saw U2 in 1984 and the fan line is run by people who probably weren't even born in 84! we just all need to be kind to one another cas I've seen it get ugly ,...

I'm sitting here at a customer visit in Ecuador praying my red eye back to New York goes smoothly so I can try to get a number on my wrist ughhhhh wish me luck...I'm going to the show alone and I really really really want the rail!

I hear ya!  I've been checking here, u2.com forums, facebook event page for the show, even the venue's social media - nothing anywhere about anyone organizing a line or what the venue will be doing (or not doing) about the line.  Hopefully they will send out some info in the next day or two.  I want the rail too, I'm 5'3" so there's always someone taller that gets in my sightline, even if I'm just one person back.  Fingers crossed for both of us!

Offline 64ac30

• Stateless
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2018, 05:29:32 PM »

I hear ya!  I've been checking here, u2.com forums, facebook event page for the show, even the venue's social media - nothing anywhere about anyone organizing a line or what the venue will be doing (or not doing) about the line.  Hopefully they will send out some info in the next day or two.  I want the rail too, I'm 5'3" so there's always someone taller that gets in my sightline, even if I'm just one person back.  Fingers crossed for both of us!

The rail is a lie! Worst spot in the house! What you want to do is show up well rested, eat some venue hot dogs, and move around to the different stages with the band! Trust me, youíll see fine