Author Topic: GA check in  (Read 1966 times)

Offline JTNash

• Numb
Re: GA check in
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2018, 05:42:50 PM »
Yes move around it a great idea

Saint22

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2018, 08:38:56 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This whole thing just stressed me out. Its a lot of work!

I haven't really even seen any information about where the "fan check in" is supposed to be for Uniondale... I've been stalking Facebook and forums and its like this secret thing... We are ALL FANS.. hell... I'm older than most of the people at the rails! First saw U2 in 1984 and the fan line is run by people who probably weren't even born in 84! we just all need to be kind to one another cas I've seen it get ugly ,...

I'm sitting here at a customer visit in Ecuador praying my red eye back to New York goes smoothly so I can try to get a number on my wrist ughhhhh wish me luck...I'm going to the show alone and I really really really want the rail!

I hear ya!  I've been checking here, u2.com forums, facebook event page for the show, even the venue's social media - nothing anywhere about anyone organizing a line or what the venue will be doing (or not doing) about the line.  Hopefully they will send out some info in the next day or two.  I want the rail too, I'm 5'3" so there's always someone taller that gets in my sightline, even if I'm just one person back.  Fingers crossed for both of us!

The rail is a lie! Worst spot in the house! What you want to do is show up well rested, eat some venue hot dogs, and move around to the different stages with the band! Trust me, youíll see fine

It hurts my heart for people to go through all this trouble for something so completely unnecessary.

Offline Allhorizonbomb

• Wanderer
  • Self proclaimed biggest U2 fan in New York State
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2018, 07:41:03 PM »
Just ask to speak to the line Nazis.
true

Offline Allhorizonbomb

• Wanderer
  • Self proclaimed biggest U2 fan in New York State
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2018, 07:45:48 PM »

I haven't really even seen any information about where the "fan check in" is supposed to be for Uniondale... I've been stalking Facebook and forums and its like this secret thing... We are ALL FANS.. hell... I'm older than most of the people at the rails! First saw U2 in 1984 and the fan line is run by people who probably weren't even born in 84! we just all need to be kind to one another cas I've seen it get ugly ,...

I'm sitting here at a customer visit in Ecuador praying my red eye back to New York goes smoothly so I can try to get a number on my wrist ughhhhh wish me luck...I'm going to the show alone and I really really really want the rail!

really? In my experience the people that run the fan line are the oldest one's there, and they act like they're apart of the staff. It's incredibly annoying.

Offline afg

• Wanderer
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2018, 07:38:40 AM »
Here's my experience for what it's worth. We did GA for the 1st time in Nashville. We didn't get a number until late Friday. We were in the 300s. In Nashville, the venue put a stop to check-ins so we didn't have to be there until 4:30 on Saturday. We found our spot in line and were wristbanded by the venue. I saw the show in St. Louis from lower level seats so I knew where I wanted to be and went to it. I had a rail spot on the e stage. I was directly behind Larry and his drum kit. From that vantage point, you can see the screen. I'm 5'0" so I couldn't see the main stage but my husband could. The ladies next to me had numbers in the 60s. A lot of people still cluster at the main stage and catwalk, but I think the e stage is the most fun. I never thought I would have a rail spot in GA and I did it on the first try. I don't expect to be that lucky ever again and it was worth every minute.
I didnít check in at all or wait more then 10 minutes in line I was between Red Zone and cat walk was even at the rail for it bit. 

Hi, we were also not planning on waiting for hours in GA line.  I was thinking of a similar spot.  Near the main stage, between Red Zone and the catwalk.  Was this a good spot?  Good views of main stage and screens?

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2018, 08:04:36 AM »

really? In my experience the people that run the fan line are the oldest one's there, and they act like they're apart of the staff. It's incredibly annoying.

Thank you for speaking the truth!

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2018, 08:42:24 PM »
We got to DC at 6pm right when they let GA in and we didnít have a number, but easily got a rail spot mid-catwalk. By 7 there was 1 person next to us away from the rail. We could have gotten there at 8 and would have been at most 3 deep mid-catwalk. At that point the spots near the stage were 20 deep and the e stage was maybe 5 deep.

The great thing about this stage is that it equalizes the place for the entire GA. If you get close to the main stage you are in the back for the e-stage.  Even along the catwalk we had 1 or more band members there for at least 6-8 songs. Floating around is actually a great strategy because you get to see the screen and can be relatively close up during several parts.

Another good strategy is to be at the back of GA mid-court to be close to Adam or Edge during Pride and have a good screen view.  There really isnít a bad spot in GA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2018, 07:06:29 AM »
The great thing about this stage is that it equalizes the place for the entire GA. If you get close to the main stage you are in the back for the e-stage.  Even along the catwalk we had 1 or more band members there for at least 6-8 songs. Floating around is actually a great strategy because you get to see the screen and can be relatively close up during several parts.

Another good strategy is to be at the back of GA mid-court to be close to Adam or Edge during Pride and have a good screen view.  There really isn’t a bad spot in GA.

True, everyone on the GA floor gets very good views at times, with no prime spot that's much better than everywhere else. There's plenty of rail footage, that will get you very close to the band at times. The problem for me is that there is very little of what I'd call 'quality rail'. Rail spots that give you an unimpeded view of the band & the visuals for most of the show. For me Elevation & Vertigo arena shows have the most prime rail, with great views of the band & visuals at all times from the outside rail of the catwalk.

Not that any of this is much of a problem for most people, but I'm pretty short. So I'm always looking for a spot with a good view. I hate looking at the back of someone's head, or trying to watch the show on the screen of someone's raised phone!

For one show in 2015 I actually picked a spot on the e-stage rail, by the stairs. From there I'd have brilliant views of the e-stage, & somewhat decent views of the screen. But importantly, as I was looking over a portion of the e-stage when looking towards the main stage (so nobody in front of me for 6-8m), I thought I'd have unimpeded views of the main stage. Wrong! Even though there was nobody directly in front of me for quite a distance, I couldn't see over the sea of hand & phones towards the main stage.

So that mid-point on the catwalk would probably be very bad for me, with little view of either stage. Though if I was tall I'm sure it'd be a fun spot with pretty good views.

So I'll aim for e-stage or main stage spots, to get close at times. And for a later arrival I'll aim for the spot you mention at mid-court. Will be a great view of the screen, & will be nice to be close for one song.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 07:26:44 AM by d.darroch »