Author Topic: Bad  (Read 1059 times)

Offline MrsZoo

• Babyface
  • Midnight is where the day begins
Re: Bad
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2018, 06:19:06 PM »
I so agree. And I love it when they do snippets from other songs during Bad live. I couldn’t believe it when U2 did some of Bowie’s Heroes live during Bad in London last year. My two favourite songs. Cried so much it wasn’t pretty.

Offline Allhorizonbomb

• Wanderer
  • Self proclaimed biggest U2 fan in New York State
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2018, 10:59:46 AM »
Yeah am I the only one who would be perfectly happy letting Pride go away.

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2018, 11:17:09 AM »
I feel there will be big changes to the European leg of the tour.

Acrobat may stay but, SATS/Pride/GOOYOW/AS segment will probably change. Get Out and Soul will stay in the set but, will probably be in different places

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2018, 11:34:47 AM »
Having seen Bad plenty of times over the years, I'll admit I'm not bothered that it's not in the set.  I realize that's a pretty fortunate position to be in, and that not everyone has had the chance to see them as many times as I have, but there you go.  I also feel like Bad hasn't been quite the show-stopper in more recent years--I think maybe the Elevation tour was the last time it really worked for me.  That said, I'd be happy to see it again at some point.

Offline the_chief

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2018, 11:40:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Having seen Bad plenty of times over the years, I'll admit I'm not bothered that it's not in the set.  I realize that's a pretty fortunate position to be in, and that not everyone has had the chance to see them as many times as I have, but there you go.  I also feel like Bad hasn't been quite the show-stopper in more recent years--I think maybe the Elevation tour was the last time it really worked for me.  That said, I'd be happy to see it again at some point.

Bad into 40, in Dublin in 2015 was spine tingling. The roar from the crowd when they heard the synth intro all the way to Larry walking off stage as the crowd sang "How long..."

Offline McSwilly

• Refugee
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2018, 01:39:08 PM »
Bad DOES fit the narrative of the show - innocence / experience, youth, etc.

Offline dwaltman

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2018, 09:08:05 PM »
I think Bad is the one song I do miss from the regular (Joshua Tree) warhorses.