Author Topic: eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR 2018 Blu-ray predictions  (Read 776 times)

Offline PopMart_1997

• Stateless
eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR 2018 Blu-ray predictions
« on: June 02, 2018, 02:30:30 AM »
So most fans will know that U2 normally tends to film a show on their current tour for home video release rather late into a tour, and during a time when they're playing a city with multiple nights; 1st night is a dress rehearsal, 2nd night is the show that gets released. Some occasions they've authorized a home video cut made up of both nights.

Being that the entire 2nd (and final) leg of the eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR 2018 is made up of cities with 2-4 days, makes it hard to pinpoint where the band will shoot. But it will be fun to predict.

So I'm predicting Dublin. Let's see your predictions for #U2eiTour

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
Re: eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE TOUR 2018 Blu-ray predictions
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 02:51:29 AM »
Manchester or London

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 03:54:10 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Manchester or London

Yeah I壇 say either if those two, leaning towards Manchester more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline KenKaniff

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 07:50:16 PM »
Do people still buy DVD/Blu-Ray? Not making fun of anyone, just genuinely curious about those formats.

Offline PopMart_1997

• Stateless
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 10:33:22 PM »
Do people still buy DVD/Blu-Ray? Not making fun of anyone, just genuinely curious about those formats.
Yes - I buy 4K UHD, and Blu-ray if the video program isn't available in 4K. Physical media offers the best quality everywhere and always has. I gladly support the home video industry and everyone else should too.

Offline 64ac30

• Stateless
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2018, 11:26:52 PM »
If no Japan tour, I壇 say Paris again.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 07:48:28 AM »

Concert videos are just about the only ones I still buy.  They often aren't featured on the streaming services, and I'm always interested in the bonus features and stuff.

As for the main topic here, since JT30 was just last year and still hasn't seen a release, I wonder if they are considering doing a package that includes both JT30 and E+I.  Since E+I's staging is nearly identical to I+E, and even features a significant chunk of identical songs/visuals, including JT30 would help alleviate the feeling some might have that there isn't enough to warrant a separate release on its own.  Whereas I probably walked away more impressed with E+I, I'll admit I'm more excited to be able to re-watch the JT performance.

Offline 64ac30

• Stateless
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 12:41:36 PM »

Concert videos are just about the only ones I still buy.  They often aren't featured on the streaming services, and I'm always interested in the bonus features and stuff.

As for the main topic here, since JT30 was just last year and still hasn't seen a release, I wonder if they are considering doing a package that includes both JT30 and E+I.  Since E+I's staging is nearly identical to I+E, and even features a significant chunk of identical songs/visuals, including JT30 would help alleviate the feeling some might have that there isn't enough to warrant a separate release on its own.  Whereas I probably walked away more impressed with E+I, I'll admit I'm more excited to be able to re-watch the JT performance.

More than likely they値l extend the tour into next year and release JT dvd to help push it. And then we値l get the EI dvd in 2020.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 12:48:28 PM »

More than likely they値l extend the tour into next year and release JT dvd to help push it. And then we値l get the EI dvd in 2020.

I guess I would just question how the JT release would push the EI tour, which doesn't really overlap with JT at all.  I'm kind of hoping they opt for a dual package release since so much of E+I replicates I+E.

Saint22

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 12:52:37 PM »

Yes. I like having a physical copy of something as opposed to just digital. I like an object I can hold in my hands and keep on a shelf. And yes, I still buy CDs and books as well. I hate e-readers with a passion.

Offline 64ac30

• Stateless
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2018, 01:09:37 PM »

I guess I would just question how the JT release would push the EI tour, which doesn't really overlap with JT at all.  I'm kind of hoping they opt for a dual package release since so much of E+I replicates I+E.

Ya know, people watch the dvd and remember how much fun the JT concert was. Then they go buy tickets for EI. Rose Bowl was released prior to starting up 360 again.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2018, 06:25:39 PM »
Maybe the JT DVD will be released before the OZ JT tour.

Offline melissafarrah

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2018, 02:25:57 PM »
DC 1 and 2 were just filmed!

Offline rlabs19

• Refugee
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2018, 12:29:02 PM »
DC was filmed more extensively than other shows. Had signs posted saying the shows were being filmed.

Hopefully they package the Joshua Tree tour DVD with the e+i tour DVD. I think its a win-win... boosts sales through TJT and provides more exposure to the new stuff.