Author Topic: Two Questions  (Read 777 times)

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
Re: Two Questions
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 08:19:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi There - I was hoping you all could provide some insight on the following:

In the Unforgettable Fire documentary, one of the producers (From memory, I think it was Daniel Lanois) holds something up and identifies it as, "Bono's master vocal for the Unforgettable Fire".  Does anybody know what it is?  It appears to be very small, about the size of a matchbook.

On the ZooTV Tour (Outside Broadcast), I only recently learned that the band conducted a public rehearsal in Hershey, PA.  Had the band ever done this before, or since?  It seems out of character for this (very secretive) band.

I was at the Hershey gig as well.  Hershey is near where I grew up but at the time I was living in Rochester NY.  Information didn't travel as fast as these days so I didn't hear about the show right away but fortunately one of my hometown friends bought be tickets before they even told me about it.  I had already seen the indoor show in Albany NY, earlier that year.

If I remember correctly, it was on or near The Edge's birthday and we had a big sing-a-long.  They also played something twice but I don't recall what it was....Pride, maybe.  It says Hershey Stadium but it's more like a big HS football stadium.  The proceeds all went to the local Hershey Medical Center as well.

Is this the same "rehearsal" show where Bono wore the red fly suit?

I thought maybe the red fly suit was only used in the non-public show rehearsals, before the Hershey gig.  I could be wrong, though--I'd need to consult the U2 concert book I have.

Offline dwaltman

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 09:42:51 AM »
I don't recall the Red Fly Suit....but that was a long time ago for me to remember.  Like the previous poster said....maybe the rehearsals but the not the public show.  A quick image search revealed some confusion between Germany, Hershey Public concert and Hershey rehearsals. 

In the Unforgettable Fire documentary, one of the producers (From memory, I think it was Daniel Lanois) holds something up and identifies it as, "Bono's master vocal for the Unforgettable Fire".  Does anybody know what it is?  It appears to be very small, about the size of a matchbook.

On the ZooTV Tour (Outside Broadcast), I only recently learned that the band conducted a public rehearsal in Hershey, PA.  Had the band ever done this before, or since?  It seems out of character for this (very secretive) band.

I was at the Hershey gig as well.  Hershey is near where I grew up but at the time I was living in Rochester NY.  Information didn't travel as fast as these days so I didn't hear about the show right away but fortunately one of my hometown friends bought be tickets before they even told me about it.  I had already seen the indoor show in Albany NY, earlier that year.

If I remember correctly, it was on or near The Edge's birthday and we had a big sing-a-long.  They also played something twice but I don't recall what it was....Pride, maybe.  It says Hershey Stadium but it's more like a big HS football stadium.  The proceeds all went to the local Hershey Medical Center as well.

I thought maybe the red fly suit was only used in the non-public show rehearsals, before the Hershey gig.  I could be wrong, though--I'd need to consult the U2 concert book I have.

Offline wons

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2018, 11:29:58 AM »

He was dressed in the black suit. During the week before the show we would wait outside the Harrisburg Hilton where they were staying and meet them as they came out to go to Hershey stadium to practice. We'd then drive over to Hershey stadium and listen to them practice. We'd then rush back over to the Harrisburg Hilton to meet them when they came back from practice and were going to go sleep in the Hilton. It was a crazy fun week.