Author Topic: EI DVD Washington DC  (Read 2335 times)

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
EI DVD Washington DC
« on: June 16, 2018, 01:12:01 PM »
Rumors are going around of a DC dvd. JT dvd at Christmas release

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: EI DVD Washington DC
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 01:37:10 PM »
That's a new one , rumour from where ?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 02:13:39 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Twitter

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 12:37:38 PM »

Twitter
As much as I want them to film the DC shows (I have GA for DC2), and as much as it makes sense to do so, “Twitter” is not an accurate source identification. 

I try to teach my students to critically evaluate their sources and only use reputable ones they can verify. Who on Twitter?  Where did that info come from? What was the name of the person or journalist with info from the band? Who else can corroborate this info? Where else has this been reported?

Until those things are answered, I am filling this under “rumor”, not “news”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 02:04:34 PM »

Twitter
As much as I want them to film the DC shows (I have GA for DC2), and as much as it makes sense to do so, “Twitter” is not an accurate source identification. 

I try to teach my students to critically evaluate their sources and only use reputable ones they can verify. Who on Twitter?  Where did that info come from? What was the name of the person or journalist with info from the band? Who else can corroborate this info? Where else has this been reported?

Until those things are answered, I am filling this under “rumor”, not “news”.

Accurate source identification? Lol 😂. I wrote it’s a rumor and put it and put it in the ‘news and rumors’.

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 02:11:33 PM »
Here’s a FACT for ya:  a film crew has entered the DC venue. According to u2start

Offline slarb

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 03:39:53 PM »
My money's on the shows at MSG being filmed for posterity

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2018, 06:15:25 PM »
So here’s a sign posted by U2 Brazil from tonight’s show in DC.  The only problem is that the JT30 NA and SA tour legs had these signs at multiple shows. So yes, they are filming, but it may not be the only place.

I’m not trying to be a jerk about this.  It is so easy to show folks where you got your info and let them draw their own conclusions. Even in this section, news  is much better than rumors.

Offline U2 Fan of the 90s

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2018, 06:59:00 PM »
I had GA tix for the second Philadelphia show and saw a bunch of cameras everywhere and thought for a second that maybe it was for a DVD but quickly realized that it was just for the screen projections.  It's good too cause the show wasn't sold out and the fan energy was low.  I was particularly annoyed at how some fans didn't even understand the political message.  During "Staring at the Sun" there were videos of the nazi/kkk marches in charlottesville, Bono and Edge where harmonizing perfectly and I stepped back to see the crowed and people where all staring at their phones (at least on the floor)... Like it was some type of intermission or something.  The song isn't really a smash hit for the casual fan so they didnt really pay attention... but when the transitioned into Pride everyone stood up and sung along, oblivious to the fact that Bono was chanting "this is not America" at the end of SATS and proudly proclaimed that "this is America!" at the start of Pride, with MLK and other civil rights leaders/protests splashed across the screen. 

Kinda made me think that some fans identify with the band cause they are white and Irish" but don't understand the message of the band at all.  Which is and always has been equality.

smh.

Hope the DC audiance is more engaging.   

Offline 64ac30

• Refugee
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2018, 07:00:20 PM »
So here’s a sign posted by U2 Brazil from tonight’s show in DC.  The only problem is that the JT30 NA and SA tour legs had these signs at multiple shows. So yes, they are filming, but it may not be the only place.

I’m not trying to be a jerk about this.  It is so easy to show folks where you got your info and let them draw their own conclusions. Even in this section, news  is much better than rumors.

You’re literally complaining in a section called rumors about a rumor. Multiple sources have confirmed from u2 staff they are filming for the dvd. U2 does film every show, but they don’t  film every show with a proper crew. No ones drawing conclusions, these are the rumors that are now true. This is like walking into a restaurant called “hot dogs and burgers” and complaining “they have burgers? WTH, there shouldn’t be any burgers here, only hot dogs”
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 07:06:40 PM by 64ac30 »

Offline gigahunter551

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2018, 11:16:18 PM »
Definitely seemed like a lot more cameras tonight than at the first show in Philly. There were a lot of cameras tonight! Would be awesome if this turns out to be true.

Offline McSwilly

• Refugee
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2018, 07:59:32 AM »
This tour so so similar to the Innocence tour which was filmed and released in Paris - they should release a Joshua Tree tour vid. Given ticket sales, that would be received better.

Offline YouTwo83

• Babyface
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2018, 08:35:32 AM »
IMO, besides the stage set up and towards the end of the 2nd set, it's not very similar at all to the Innocence tour.  I would be pretty thrilled to have the DC show from last night on DVD because it would be very similar to the show that I saw on the first night in Philly.

Offline Ron2112

• Babyface
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2018, 04:28:36 PM »
I was there last night, and there's a clear difference between the handhelds used for screen projection and the BIG cameras used for filming last night.  Lots of movement up and down the stage all night.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2018, 11:58:23 AM »
This tour so so similar to the Innocence tour which was filmed and released in Paris - they should release a Joshua Tree tour vid. Given ticket sales, that would be received better.

I'm thinking they might opt to package the two concerts together to help alleviate the similarity between I+E and E+I.  Even the setlists between the two shows barely overlap, so they compliment each other pretty well.