Author Topic: How would you feel if,  (Read 466 times)

Offline 64ac30

• Stateless
How would you feel if,
« on: June 17, 2018, 02:06:12 PM »
U2 announced a single 2019 leg of US dates only (and confirmed they would not go anywhere else)

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: How would you feel if,
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 02:43:31 PM »
I would be rather dumbfounded.  Places like Australia and Asia are starving for shows, meanwhile the US has had more than they can handle.  They're literally not completely filling arenas in places like Chicago and Philadelphia!!  The US has reached the point of saturation, time to take a few years off.  To play the US again next year would be a confusing move.

However, if they did announce another US leg, I would certainly buy tickets to the nearest show and have one hell of a time as always!

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 04:51:16 PM »
Ditto all the way.

Offline McSwilly

• Refugee
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 06:08:48 PM »
Yea, not going to happen given the unsold tickets. Would depend on set list. If I were a fan in Australia I would be livid.

Offline Chargedvt

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 08:54:31 PM »
I'd be absolutely pi**ed off.
America has had more than their fair share. Time to see the world outside of the US and Europe, boys.

Offline wons

• Numb
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 11:49:28 PM »
Remember though that the United States is a big place and a lot of people have yet to see a U2 tour promoting a new album since the 360 tour. Take U2 fans in Texas. Texas has not seen a U2 tour promoting a new album since 2009. I think U2 arena shows in Dallas and Houston for the Experience tour would sellout easily in 2019. Plus to the degree that the Joshua Tree tour 2017 muted the response to the this years tour, it will be two years instead of just one year gap in seeing them for Texans in 2019. If the band wait until 2022 to promote a new U2 album with shows in Texas, that will be a 13 year gap since the last time Texans saw a U2 show promoting a U2 album. Texas has always been on U2's tour schedule for the United States from Boy through 360.

Offline julez728

• Stateless
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 06:52:48 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
U2 announced a single 2019 leg of US dates only (and confirmed they would not go anywhere else)
I would be incredibly surprised.  As much as like the band, I don't think I would go see a show unless they came to my hometown.