Author Topic: Looking for location of the Joshua Tree Tour 2017 highway video  (Read 544 times)

Offline Tom_Desert_Rat

• Stranger in a Strange Land
I'm looking for the same stretch of highway that the video was filmed at for the Joshua Tree Tour 2017. I live about 4 hours away from Death Valley and have travelled the highways. I'm just trying to lock down the location. I'm guessing that it could be a stretch of the 190. Considering a treck there and getting some U2 fans together to go to the location of the tree. I want to mount a Go Pro on the outside of my SUV and do some filming + a photo shoot where the tree was.

Offline wons

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Looking for location of the Joshua Tree Tour 2017 highway video
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 01:37:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm looking for the same stretch of highway that the video was filmed at for the Joshua Tree Tour 2017. I live about 4 hours away from Death Valley and have travelled the highways. I'm just trying to lock down the location. I'm guessing that it could be a stretch of the 190. Considering a treck there and getting some U2 fans together to go to the location of the tree. I want to mount a Go Pro on the outside of my SUV and do some filming + a photo shoot where the tree was.

Sounds like a great idea. I did some research on google earth last year and think I found a lot of the places they visited back in 1987 as well as what they used for the highway video I believe. I don't remember exactly off the top of my head though. I'll have to look this stuff up again. But it is sooo beautiful. I have never been out to California or even the Southwest.

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 01:19:31 PM »
wons,

I would love for you to possibly share those locations...as me and some U2 buddies plan to make the trip someday.

Offline ShankAsu

• Desert Rose
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 02:21:13 PM »
my wife and i found the tree on our way to vegas to get married.  cool location.

Offline Tom_Desert_Rat

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 10:24:53 AM »
Mr. Sarajevo 20 requested some locations, here we go!

Here are the top five U2 Joshua Tree locations in the desert of California and Nevada to see.

The Joshua Tree

Zabriskie Point

Harmony Hotel

Downtown LA Liquor Store

Fremont Street Experience

Coming from the left side of Death Valley off of HWY 395. Hop onto HWY 190 from there, I will not tell you the exact location of the Joshua Tree.
Another location is Zabriskie Point. You have to keep driving on the 190 through Death Valley to Zabriskie Point. Now here is one location that is out of the way, Harmony Hotel, 71161 29 Palms Hwy, Twentynine Palms, CA 92277. This hotel is down by Los Angeles to the right. Its in the desert next to the actual Joshua Tree National Park. Zabriskie Point is 5 hours north, away from the hotel. The downtown liqour store that was filmed for "Streets" was on 7th and Main St downtown LA. Its now a mexican restaurant. Of course to finish this up you should go to Las Vegas "old town" as we call it and go to the Fremont Street Experience and sing "I still haven't found" while climbing on cars.

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 08:11:49 AM »
Mr. Sarajevo 20 requested some locations, here we go!

Here are the top five U2 Joshua Tree locations in the desert of California and Nevada to see.

The Joshua Tree

Zabriskie Point

Harmony Hotel

Downtown LA Liquor Store

Fremont Street Experience

Coming from the left side of Death Valley off of HWY 395. Hop onto HWY 190 from there, I will not tell you the exact location of the Joshua Tree.
Another location is Zabriskie Point. You have to keep driving on the 190 through Death Valley to Zabriskie Point. Now here is one location that is out of the way, Harmony Hotel, 71161 29 Palms Hwy, Twentynine Palms, CA 92277. This hotel is down by Los Angeles to the right. Its in the desert next to the actual Joshua Tree National Park. Zabriskie Point is 5 hours north, away from the hotel. The downtown liqour store that was filmed for "Streets" was on 7th and Main St downtown LA. Its now a mexican restaurant. Of course to finish this up you should go to Las Vegas "old town" as we call it and go to the Fremont Street Experience and sing "I still haven't found" while climbing on cars.

Great work.

Thank you.

Offline Hwy 190

• Wanderer
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 11:26:59 PM »
It's the stretch of Hwy 190 driving southwest towards Olancha, CA.  The sand constantly drifts across the highway as it does in the video.

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 04:48:04 PM »
I would assume it's the highway you take to get to the infamous Joshua Tree that has now since fallen down naturally.

Offline Tom_Desert_Rat

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 10:22:11 AM »
Thanks HWY 190! I will look at that closer and see if I can find it. A good clue is the power poles and the blowing sand, I remember some of the 190 highway with blowing sand.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NJ, NYC 3,Belfast 1,2
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 03:01:15 PM »
It's the stretch of Hwy 190 driving southwest towards Olancha, CA.  The sand constantly drifts across the highway as it does in the video.

Where the Streets are named after usernames.