Author Topic: Philly night 1 -late- review(spoilers)  (Read 459 times)

Offline steve70

• Wanderer
Philly night 1 -late- review(spoilers)
« on: June 26, 2018, 05:18:23 AM »
OK what I'd like to see less of--having to utilize backing tapes on every other song, yes even during their 'acoustic' set. the MacPhisto stuff? Just cringy and irrelevant at this point.  And having a Marvel comic video intermission of Hold Me? Would have preferred to just hear it live. I think it would be phenomenal if they could just replicate the simplistic presentation of the Apollo show into the arena format. This band is still the best when they are just 4 guys rocking out live! Also, didn't think I would but I felt a void without Streets in the setlist, perhaps because I missed JT30.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 05:23:16 AM by steve70 »

Offline wons

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Philly night 1 -late- review(spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 08:28:17 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
OK what I'd like to see less of--having to utilize backing tapes on every other song, yes even during their 'acoustic' set. the MacPhisto stuff? Just cringy and irrelevant at this point.  And having a Marvel comic video intermission of Hold Me? Would have preferred to just hear it live. I think it would be phenomenal if they could just replicate the simplistic presentation of the Apollo show into the arena format. This band is still the best when they are just 4 guys rocking out live! Also, didn't think I would but I felt a void without Streets in the setlist, perhaps because I missed JT30.

Wow, is there anything you liked about the show you attended?

Offline steve70

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 05:03:40 AM »
Yes my opinions are heavy on the negative but was trying to be real and honest. What did I like about the show? I still enjoy the simple warhorses,  IWF, Gloria, Pride.

Offline gottago

• Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2018, 12:39:29 AM »
I was there and agree that it was good but not GREAT or amazing.

This was my sixth time seeing them and was my least favorite out of what I have been to.

1) JT '87
2) JT '17
3) 360
4) Elevation
5) Vertigo
6) SOE

Offline wons

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 09:41:53 PM »
Well, this is my 22nd time seeing them and I thought night 1 Philly show was AWESOME! Even better than last years Joshua Tree Tour in Philly and D.C.