Author Topic: Acrobat Mystique  (Read 395 times)

Offline gasface257

• Babyface
Acrobat Mystique
« on: July 02, 2018, 08:21:03 AM »
***spoilers***

Now that Acrobat has been played is there any real mystique to the song anymore? 

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
Re: Acrobat Mystique
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 09:35:18 AM »
I suppose not, but I think the mystique it had was just that it was an aggressive song they had never played.  It's not any more significant a song in their catalog than that, I think.  I will say, I was impressed that they basically performed it practically note-for-note as it was on the album.  No modern twists or modifications at all.  I think it worked as a live performance, but I also think it's too much a deep cut to get much response from the majority of the crowd.

Offline gasface257

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 09:59:10 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I suppose not, but I think the mystique it had was just that it was an aggressive song they had never played.  It's not any more significant a song in their catalog than that, I think.  I will say, I was impressed that they basically performed it practically note-for-note as it was on the album.  No modern twists or modifications at all.  I think it worked as a live performance, but I also think it's too much a deep cut to get much response from the majority of the crowd.

I agree.  As the Joshua Tree 2017 tour had a bit of a selling point with Red Hill Mining Town never being played live, Achtung Baby now has had all of their songs performed, albeit So Cruel only 4 times. I don't think So Cruel has ever enjoyed the mysticism that Acrobat had, nor do I think it will replace it on the list.

Offline JohnMegadeth

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 01:14:34 PM »
Exit > Acrobat

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 04:31:18 PM »

I agree.  As the Joshua Tree 2017 tour had a bit of a selling point with Red Hill Mining Town never being played live, Achtung Baby now has had all of their songs performed, albeit So Cruel only 4 times. I don't think So Cruel has ever enjoyed the mysticism that Acrobat had, nor do I think it will replace it on the list.

Youíre right regarding So Cruel. However, even though itís long been maybe my least favorite track from AB, Iíd be stoked to hear it considering itís the only track from that album that I havenít. Maybe if they do an AB anniversary tour...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline davis

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 05:36:28 PM »
Mystique? 

The live version is all we could have ever hoped for. 

Offline gasface257

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 04:53:30 AM »
Mystique? 

The live version is all we could have ever hoped for.

Now that you have it, whatís next?

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 08:36:10 PM »
So Cruel. Seconds.

Offline gasface257

• Babyface
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 07:29:35 AM »
So Cruel. Seconds.

I would love to hear Seconds.  It's relevant now, but will it be when U2 comes back around?

Offline laoghaire

• Party Girl/Boy
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 09:30:36 AM »
Let's hope not.