Author Topic: After U2, what is the next concert you're looking forward to?  (Read 696 times)

Offline Marvinho

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: After U2, what is the next concert you're looking forward to?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 01:09:47 AM »
The Dickies and TSOL before U2 at the O2 and David Byrne after.

03/9/81

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2018, 10:33:14 PM »
Just got home from Radiohead. One of the best concerts I've seen!

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2018, 07:06:20 PM »
I'm not seeing U2 (too expensive, can't afford their prices) but I am seeing Britney Spears next month (ok, stop laughing, her shows are good fun and escapism!) and in November I'm seeing the brilliant Jessie J. I REALLY want to see Arctic Monkeys but impossible to get tickets. Oh well, maybe one day. :)

03/9/81

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2018, 06:59:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm not seeing U2 (too expensive, can't afford their prices) but I am seeing Britney Spears next month (ok, stop laughing, her shows are good fun and escapism!) and in November I'm seeing the brilliant Jessie J. I REALLY want to see Arctic Monkeys but impossible to get tickets. Oh well, maybe one day. :)

Nobody is laughing at you. Enjoy your concerts! Have fun! And if they are - it isn't your problem. They have a problem.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 09:04:34 AM by 03/9/81 »

Online Tortuga

• Stateless
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2018, 10:00:33 AM »
Johnny, have you listened to much of Simple Minds' new stuff?  I've heard Magic and Barrowland Star.  Didn't much care for the first, but BS was okay.  Just wondering if the new stuff will constitute a large part of the show and if I should pay more attention---probably.

Ive bought their stuff, yeah. Magic (the album) is a bit spotty, but I know theyve been starting with Signal to the Noise from it, which is ok. But there are a few things from it I like. I think the Big Music album is much stronger, but Im not sure how much theyre doing from it.

Other than those, Ive only just dived in to the majority of their 80s catalog, I knew the hits, but its been fun to get to know more of their stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the new album (Walk Between Worlds) is real good.  Magic is the SM by the numbers track and bores me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2018, 08:47:17 PM »
For the Simple Minds fans:  I've found some great tunes from the 80's you might want to dig up.  "This Earth That You Walk Upon", "Love Song", "This Fear of Gods" and "Today I Die Again".  Each of these are quite stunning.  "This Fear of Gods" has a line about "someone's singing in the shower".  I've been listening to it a lot...in the shower, lol :)

Offline LToy

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2018, 11:30:30 PM »
Florence & The Machine then Garbage (Version 2.0 20th Anniversary Tour) both in September.

Offline Marwood

• Stateless
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2018, 10:11:20 AM »
Gabe Gurnsey next week, followed by The Wedding Present the weekend after.

Offline miracle_al

• Stateless
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2018, 11:06:21 AM »
Chris Stapleton in a couple of weeks!

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2018, 02:38:38 PM »

Nobody is laughing at you. Enjoy your concerts! Have fun! And if they are - it isn't your problem. They have a problem.

Thanks! I am looking forward to both concerts and now one other concert even more - I managed to get a ticket for Arctic Monkeys after all! SeeTickets suddenly released a new batch! So thrilled! Obviously I'd love to see U2 but impossible at their prices. Arctic Monkeys only costs a third of the price and for a great seat too! Can't wait! :)

gasface257

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2018, 11:25:13 AM »

Ditto

Offline julez728

• Stateless
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2018, 10:00:15 AM »
Just got home from Radiohead. One of the best concerts I've seen!
I saw them twice last month and both shows blew me away. 

Offline Mark72

• Stateless
  • Modern Life Is Rubbish
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2018, 04:24:14 PM »
The Good, The Bad and The Queen