Author Topic: If there is an Achtung Baby Anniversary Tour, then...  (Read 2516 times)

Offline wons

• Numb
Re: If there is an Achtung Baby Anniversary Tour, then...
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2018, 05:02:55 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The next tour won't be until Songs of Ascent or whatever the next album is called, but a Zoo Two tour would be very cool.  In a dream world, Songs of Ascent would fit the vibe of Zoo TV and Pop tours, so a Zoo Two type tour would happen... Not likely, but a boy can dream.  I do believe they have one more Zoo TV / U2 360 size stadium tour in them.

They won't do it for several reasons. The album was released in 1991 but the tour was not until 1992. So it would not feel like the 30th anniversary in early 1991. Also, ZOO TV was a tour that was more than just about the album. With the Joshua Tree, you don't have that. It was just about the album.

While Die Hard fans may prefer Achtung Baby, most U2 fans to include casual fans, plus the general public prefer Joshua Tree over Achtung Baby. They won't do this tour because it would not do as well as the Joshua Tree Tour 2017 did.

The theme of the ZOO TV tour back in 1992 was the future. Doing something retro 30 years later would be strange for a tour that was about the future.

Finally, it would likely get in the way of the next album/tour cycle.

So I do not think they will do it. They may do a 30th anniversary Box Set for the Achtung Baby album ready for Christmas 2021.

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2018, 04:40:43 PM »
I would absolutely LOVE it if they did the 30 anniversary of Achtung Baby and did a tour like the JT tour. We get the whole album front to back with awesome visuals and then some great 90s song we rarely see on tour. Sign me up, but that's very wishful thinking.

Offline SwimmingSorrows

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Some folks are bound for glory, I was Born to Hang
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2018, 06:38:27 PM »
I don't think any anniversary tour would be complete without hearing the amazing Zoo TV arrangements of songs like Running to Stand Still and Bullet the Blue Sky though.