Author Topic: 2019 Tour Continuation  (Read 2005 times)

Offline wons

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: 2019 Tour Continuation
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2018, 04:06:56 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well Adam is now hinting at continuing the tour late next year. The real shock will be if they only return to the US.

Australia/NZ/Asia is the obvious choice IF (and thats a big if) there are more shows.

Maybe they will surprise everyone down under with a retro Love Town Tour 30th anniversary.

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 07:10:16 PM »
Is there any source on this?  Adam saying the tour continuing in 2019?  The last I thought we heard from Adam he said that 2019 was going to be a year off. 

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2018, 09:46:38 PM »
I believe it was in the Adam and Scott podcast (you talkin U2 to me) I think thatís roughly the right title!

Offline opening night

• Stateless
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2018, 03:35:13 AM »
In the new podcast Adam says very clearly that he wants to take break in 2019 and that the last night of eiTour in November 18 ist the end of a 4-year cycle.

He just adds that there is/was talk about opportunities like playing special shows at the end of 2019.

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2018, 07:39:45 AM »
Fall of 2019 will mark 40 years since the release of U23, so maybe shows about that?  40 years of being a band that releases music and tours?  Hopefully Australia gets something in 2019, damn! 

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2018, 09:48:38 AM »
I live near Columbus, so of course I'd be over the moon if that happened.  But no, it will not happen.  U2 will certainly not tour the US in 2019, or anywhere else from the way it sounds. 

And while I'm not the biggest GnR fan, I do agree that U2 should do a tour that looks like their current tour.  A mix of stadiums, arenas, amphitheaters, festivals, parks, etc.  Anywhere they can play, they do.  GnR seem to remember that Asia and Australia exist, and are even doing a show in Africa too.

That's because this version of GNR has not toured since 1993. Its a big nostalgia re-union tour for GNR. Its a money maker. It could also be the last time this version of GNR visits many of these places. I'm not sure how much longer beyond this tour Axl and Slash will stay together.

I follow Guns n Roses as much as U2 ... Slash and Duff has been saying this time around itís the most enjoyable era of GnR ... Everyone is having a lot of fun ... Heís even saying itís not even about the money they just like being around each other especially after all the bad blood and recording seems a logical step. Axl even sang a Velvet Revolver song when I saw them ... The GnR train will continue for a while yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2018, 04:16:03 PM »
Hey, I'm happy to hear that about GnR.

Offline podiumboy

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2018, 06:10:27 PM »
I regret not seeing GnR when they came to Cincinnati a couple years ago. Iím a casual fan who basically only knows AFD and a few other fandoms.  But that setlist looks pretty sweet, wouldíve been an awesome show!