Author Topic: What do I have to do to get GA next time?  (Read 907 times)

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
What do I have to do to get GA next time?
« on: July 24, 2018, 05:24:56 PM »
Do I join some fan club? Where? Do I have to join it NOW? So I will have been a member for however many YEARS till the next tour, which will still never be as long as everyone else? Should I just give up already?

Offline Dono

• Refugee
  • If I could, I would.....
Re: What do I have to do to get GA next time?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 04:24:42 AM »
There is no long term fan system on the U2.com club. The only distinction is joining before or after a tour is announced. Also, you are not guaranteed a ticket, you just have a much better chance. Check out their [U2.com] member FAQ page. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 05:52:43 AM »
Thank you. I knew it wasn't a guarantee but I assume I'll need to join to have a realistic chance.

So I can wait until at least "The Edge is on fire" and then some to join? Ok, cool.

Offline McSwilly

• Refugee
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 06:35:27 AM »
I've ponied up the fan club fees for several years and always been able to get GA. With their lower price point it makes the fan club fee worth it.

Offline wons

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 09:42:05 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Do I join some fan club? Where? Do I have to join it NOW? So I will have been a member for however many YEARS till the next tour, which will still never be as long as everyone else? Should I just give up already?

Join U2.com. Become a member of the website. Make sure to renew your membership each year before it expires. By the time the next tour starts, you'll have an easy chance at getting a General Admission ticket for any arena show provided you attempt to purchase your GA ticket at the start time of the pre-sale. I've been a paid up member since the website was born in 2004/2005. There were problems with the pre-sales for the Vertigo Tour in 2005 and I had to rely on a friend who was a Propaganda member in order to get GA. But for every tour since the Vertigo Tour, I have succeeded in purchasing GA for every tour and every show I have been to.

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 10:16:13 AM »
Music to my ears.

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 01:23:42 PM »
Music to my ears.
yup me an Hubs both have an account Incase we want to go to more than one show

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 01:35:09 PM »
<sob>
You have a hub who might want to go to one or more shows.

I'm going by my lonesome. Unless the teens in my life remain fans!

But I swear, I will go alone if need be, no question. Just me and my white cane.

Offline ShankAsu

• Desert Rose
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 02:02:17 PM »
i've been a member at u2.com for six years and never had to use my membership to get a ticket for GA.  you don't need it.

Offline 64ac30

• Stateless
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 02:46:51 PM »
Having a membership certainly didnít help me last fall.

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 06:24:57 PM »
<sob>
You have a hub who might want to go to one or more shows.

I'm going by my lonesome. Unless the teens in my life remain fans!

But I swear, I will go alone if need be, no question. Just me and my white cane.
yup i go to Metallica with him he goes to U2 with me.  Iím not real into Metallica but itís music and I night out so itís cool

Offline Onob_Nosweh

• Babyface
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 01:08:10 PM »
Just see them in Omaha (or a similarly small market) and buy a GA from Ticketmaster 20 minutes before showtime.  ;)

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2018, 02:18:09 PM »
If I were 21, not disabled, and had a good job - maybe.

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 02:37:09 PM »
If I were 21, not disabled, and had a good job - maybe.

I'm sure there are viewing places near to the floor for people with disabilities.  I have a friend who is a massive U2 fan and lives in a different part of the UK.  He can bring his wife (who uses a mobility chair/scooter) when they can both get tickets together for the disabilities viewing area.  She doesn't mind a bit of U2 but is nowhere near as fanatical as he is. 
I don't have a good job but still have managed to get tickets for 3 tours in 4 years.

Offline Martinski

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 03:23:50 PM »
I have ponied up 2 times for the U2.com fanclub to get pre-sale access. 2015 and now in 2018. I just do it when the tour is announced as well. In 2015 i got myself 2 tickets for 2 of the shows in Stockholm and then managed to also get tickets for the 2 added ones. I didnt buy pre-sale access to the JT 30 tour but then i didnt need to since i went to the US and the sales for the shows there were much much slower than in Europe. Managed to get 1 GA ticket in a ticket drop a day before the show at Metlife and already had a seat like 2 months before i went there.

For this tour though i would never have gotten tickets to the 2 shows in Copenhagen at all if i hadnt had pre-sale access, they sold out within 30 minutes if you could even get in and buy a ticket in the general sale. So was a wise choice.

Now i sit here with 2 GA collector tickets for both shows in Copenhagen, they are probably worth like $400-500 each on the scalper market. Well worth the $50 fanclub price.