Author Topic: What do I have to do to get GA next time?  (Read 902 times)

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
Re: What do I have to do to get GA next time?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2018, 04:07:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If I were 21, not disabled, and had a good job - maybe.

I'm sure there are viewing places near to the floor for people with disabilities.  I have a friend who is a massive U2 fan and lives in a different part of the UK.  He can bring his wife (who uses a mobility chair/scooter) when they can both get tickets together for the disabilities viewing area.  She doesn't mind a bit of U2 but is nowhere near as fanatical as he is. 
I don't have a good job but still have managed to get tickets for 3 tours in 4 years.

What I mean is that travel is very difficult for me, so as a disabled person, I'd need to stick with places I'm familiar with and can navigate. It's already very stressful as it is. Going to the show itself will also be very stressful and difficult and it speaks volumes about how worth it it is for me.

I'm willing to pony up for the tix, travel, hotel, eating out, etc., but I do not have the luxury of showing up to Omaha or whatever and MAYBE scoring tickets. Honestly I can't afford it anyway but what are ya gonna do?

Going to Omaha will also be more expensive what with a plane ticket on top of everything else.

If I were young and not disabled and had extra cash, I'm sure I could find something fun to do in Omaha or whatever if it didn't pan out - and probably be with a friend, too - but I don't live that life anymore.

It has to be Boston, maaaybe New York, and I have to have the ticket in my grubby little hands before I get a train ticket and hotel, not to mention Charlie Card, Uber, and overpriced takeout food.

Offline Onob_Nosweh

• Babyface
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2018, 12:03:39 PM »
Alright, if travel is not really an option, here's a more serious answer:

- For the fan club, I don't think it is necessary, but if you want better odds when tickets go on sale and don't mind spending the money, it could be worth it. Hopefully the following steps will make it moot.

- The only tip I have for trying to get tickets on day of sale is: concentrate on getting tickets to one show. I've had issues with multi-date runs where I had tickets in one browser, tried to get tickets to another show in another browser, and Ticketmaster wiping both orders out. Also, have a login account already setup and be logged in. That's the last thing you want to deal with during the madness of the sale day.

If you don't get tickets from the initial sale, this is my plan:

- Be patient. If you find a GA at face or lower, jump on it. Otherwise, wait till pretty much the day of the show.

- On the computer(s) you use during the day, bookmark the specific show page on Ticketmaster (or whatever service is being used) and check it multiple times a day if possible. Tickets get re-released all the time and you never know when. If you use a smartphone more, install the TM app and check that often.

- Do the same on the popular secondary market websites in your area (StubHub, SeatGeek, etc...). Watching prices over time will give you a sense of demand for the show.

- See if there is a Facebook event page for that specific show, and try to find tickets there. Same goes for this forum and the other big U2 forums. Check to see if there is a U2 group on Reddit as well. Also, put up an ad on Craiglist's ticket section and check it periodically. (bookmark all of these for quick access)

- Have a plan B for a ticket in the 100 level. U2's recent pricing strategy leaves a lot of 100 level seats unsold after the first day of sales. Depending on the market, the price of some of those tickets will drop close to GA prices as the show nears.

Patience and persistence. These tips are for getting tickets at face value or cheaper. If you don't like the uncertainty of potentially waiting till the day of the show, you can always pay up at a secondary site. Fortunately, U2 tend to play arenas and stadiums, and do multiple dates in cities, which means lots of tickets. With all the different angles listed above, you have a decent shot at getting a ticket for a good price.

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 02:38:43 PM »
GREAT tips - well thought out. Thank you!

It's way waaaaaaaaaaaay too early to be excited but I am :)

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2018, 08:03:39 AM »
Music to my ears.
yup me an Hubs both have an account Incase we want to go to more than one show
How do you guys keep the accounts "separate"? Do you guys use different bank cards? Different mailing address?
I'd like to have two accounts.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 11:33:22 AM »
Onob summarized it very well. The fan club gives you another chance or two at tickets, which would make it worth the yearly cost for the membership. And if you're out of luck there, there's almost always options after that anyway. Ticket drops closer to the show on Ticketmaster, the fan communities online with fans trying to give others an extra ticket that comes up, and so on. Overall, if there's a will, there's a way!

In my own experience, I never ran into issues with trying for tickets to more than one show at a time. Occasionally, it reads when I'm using multiple browsers to try for a single location, but that's about it. But they've never prevented me from going through with purchases before.

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 09:25:51 AM »
I've had zero luck with ticket drops the last 3 tours...once I got a GA via ticket drop for Chicago Vertigo Tour.

No luck buying from fans via the internet. 

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NJ, NYC 3,Belfast 1,2
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 11:51:04 AM »
Read this guide:

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 11:53:01 AM by miryclay »

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2018, 12:39:02 PM »
Music to my ears.
yup me an Hubs both have an account Incase we want to go to more than one show
How do you guys keep the accounts "separate"? Do you guys use different bank cards? Different mailing address?
I'd like to have two accounts.
we do have separate bank cards emails also and of course name

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2018, 07:26:20 PM »
Read this guide:

Bookmarked, thank you!

I am not going to stress about queueing up early. I'm going to be in the back of GA. Would I love to be on the rail? Hell yes. But I can't move fast enough to do it so why stress?

I want to be in GA primarily to be closer to the fans rather than the band. I want to stand in a crowd of people who know every note of Edge's Acrobat solo. Who are going to go bananas wheen Streets starts. I want to be standing! I want to hear something amazing and glance over and catch the eye of someone who heard it too.