Author Topic: Songs the band (Bono) love to perform too much  (Read 1287 times)

Offline McSwilly

• Refugee
Re: Songs the band (Bono) love to perform too much
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2018, 06:05:27 PM »
Um, every song newer than 1991, except beautiful day. Mood killers, the lot of em.

Offline ultravioletacrobat

• Babyface
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2018, 03:29:52 PM »
Pride .... For the love of all that's right in this world PLEASE give Pride a holiday...

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2018, 04:25:38 PM »
3 tunes id love to see skipped, are Beautiful Day, Vertigo and Elevation. Of all the superb tunes u2 have, that could replace them songs. BUT, i can see why they are included, show after show after show......

Offline ToRontoRon

• Wanderer
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2018, 06:02:32 PM »
The only one that comes to mind for me is Bullet The Blue Sky.  It's ok, but we don't need it every tour.

Offline kev346

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I'm ready I'm ready for the laughing gas
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2018, 03:33:03 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
3 tunes id love to see skipped, are Beautiful Day, Vertigo and Elevation. Of all the superb tunes u2 have, that could replace them songs. BUT, i can see why they are included, show after show after show......
i totally agree . i know these songs seem to get the crowd going but i'd rather hear more new songs played or some older classics . And Elevation and Vertigo are a little to similar in the same set . And as for Beautiful Day it was used to advertise football here in England i just got sick of hearing it :)

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2018, 08:24:52 AM »
The only one that comes to mind for me is Bullet The Blue Sky.  It's ok, but we don't need it every tour.
what’s the last tour you saw?

They are not playing it this tour nor did they play it on the 360.  It’s not over played at all.

Offline ToRontoRon

• Wanderer
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2018, 08:03:08 PM »
what’s the last tour you saw?

They are not playing it this tour nor did they play it on the 360.  It’s not over played at all.

But I believe they played it every other tour since The Joshua Tree.

It's the 6th most played song in their history.  It's been played more often than I Still Haven't Found, which is insane to me.  It's been played almost twice as often as Running To Stand Still, from the same album, which might be even more insane.  It's been played more often than Bad, which had an extra tour before Bullet came out, and even New Year's Day, which had two extra tours.  I know it came out a couple albums later, but it's even been played more often than One.

For a political song about a specific time, and basically about a specific political leader who's been dead for a while now, you wouldn't think it would be the type of song they bring out night after night, and yet they do.

If you compare popularity of the song amongst the general public to how often it's been played live, the two songs that stand out to me as being the most disproportionately represented are Bullet and Until The End of the World.  For me, I have no problem with the latter being churned out night after night, as I think it's fantastic live, but the former is getting a much needed rest right now.