Author Topic: 7/27 Vinyl Remasters  (Read 242 times)

Offline superdragtn

• Babyface
7/27 Vinyl Remasters
« on: July 31, 2018, 11:26:22 AM »
Has anyone had trouble finding the vinyl remasters released on 7/27?  I went to one of the record stores in town and found Zooropa and Achtung Baby.  They had several copies of each and even had the 2011 Achtung Baby box set.   At the same store, the guy didn't even know they were releasing the Best of 80-90.  I went to a couple of other stores in town and they didn't have any of them. 

I wound up ordering the Best of 80-90 from U2.com.  That was Saturday and it hasn't shipped.  It just makes me wonder if there was a production problem or its just typical U2.com slowness in fulfilling orders.

Offline torontohorizon

• Stateless
Re: 7/27 Vinyl Remasters
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 11:55:40 AM »
I just ordered everything from Amazon.  Never had an issue and always guaranteed the lowest price. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline julez728

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 01:48:36 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Has anyone had trouble finding the vinyl remasters released on 7/27?  I went to one of the record stores in town and found Zooropa and Achtung Baby.  They had several copies of each and even had the 2011 Achtung Baby box set.   At the same store, the guy didn't even know they were releasing the Best of 80-90.  I went to a couple of other stores in town and they didn't have any of them. 

I wound up ordering the Best of 80-90 from U2.com.  That was Saturday and it hasn't shipped.  It just makes me wonder if there was a production problem or its just typical U2.com slowness in fulfilling orders.

I would highly recommend ordering from Amazon instead.  Another poster stated that they ordered from U2.com and there is about a month backorder...that was for AB, though.

I got Zooropa on Amazon & actually received it a day before the official release.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 02:14:12 PM »
I don't need vinyl, but the black t-shirt with the Zooropa face and "Achtung Baby" style U2 looks darn snazzy.

Offline rlabs19

• Refugee
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 07:39:38 PM »
Yup, U2.com has a big backorder. I just cancelled my order and ordered from Amazon yesterday. Gonna be here tomorrow when I get home from work.

If they continue to go this route, hopefully we will get Boy/October/War remastered. Maybe even R&H.

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 09:59:49 AM »
I don't need vinyl, but the black t-shirt with the Zooropa face and "Achtung Baby" style U2 looks darn snazzy.

Link?

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 10:19:47 AM »

Link?

It's in the U2 official store.  Black t-shirt, white "Zooropa" style space baby.  Can't miss it.

Offline superdragtn

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 01:11:48 PM »
Update: Just got the shipping notification from Live Nation.

Offline rlabs19

• Refugee
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2018, 01:07:13 PM »
I am very impressed with the remaster (digital download). Sounded very fresh with a great bass punch.