Author Topic: Songs of Experience Lyrics  (Read 267 times)

Offline U2FlyXC

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Songs of Experience Lyrics
« on: August 02, 2018, 09:20:20 AM »
Do you guys think Songs of Experience would have been better had it not been reworked due to the US election and Brexit?

Although u2 has always been a political band, I would have liked to see the album had it been released it it's original state. I think the album would have flowed much better and the central theme of the album would be much more apparent. Not saying there shouldn't have been any politics as that is central to u2 in many ways and does make sense within the album  (Innocence had Sleep Like a Baby for instance and that was, in my opinion, the best song on the album), but the true hits of Experience were the songs that, in my opinion, dealt more thematically with things outside of politics (Little things, love is all we have left, 13) or atleast for the most part.

I know the blackout is a song in particular that was transformed and I'd be interested in hearing it with the original lyrics intact.

Thoughts?

« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 09:25:32 AM by U2FlyXC »

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
Re: Songs of Experience Lyrics
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 06:44:04 PM »
I like Blackout the way it is, but to each their own.

Offline Clarky

• Numb
  • I've got a head like a lit cigarette
Re: Songs of Experience Lyrics
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 04:56:01 AM »
I guess we'll never know. I like Blackout the way it is too. It's mainly American Soul I can't deal with. Too heavy handed both lyrically and sonically.