Author Topic: A Trip to The Joshua Tree (From "I Love U2" on YouTube)  (Read 385 times)

Offline ILoveU2OnYT

• Babyface
A Trip to The Joshua Tree (From "I Love U2" on YouTube)
« on: August 02, 2018, 05:06:55 PM »
Hello all!

This is "I Love U2", a YouTube series dedicated to dissecting the music and history of U2. I wanted to share with you guys a video I recently made: it's a bit of a different video, though, as I recently had the chance to go visit the site of the Joshua Tree from the album's cover. I documented my journey, and made a video essay about the experience:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I hope you like it, and if you do, feel free to check out the other videos. "The Unforgettable Fire" is up next!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 05:10:27 PM by ILoveU2OnYT »

Offline ShankAsu

• Desert Rose
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
Re: A Trip to The Joshua Tree (From "I Love U2" on YouTube)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 05:25:17 PM »
already posted this response on the other thread where the video is at, but perhaps it belongs here instead.

as someone who made the trip 6 years ago, this video is very cool but probably not something i would watch to watch if i hadn't been there yet as there is an awesome element of surprise finding the tree on your own and discovering the plaque without knowing what awaits at the tree.  job well done on the video itself.

its a bit disparaging to see what is happening at the site.  There was just a single small box and the journal to write in when i was there.  Definitely wasn't a worn out path to the tree with markers.  i would probably try to hide those if i were to go back.  it's an awesome place but we don't want to turn it into a disneyland.  just my opinion.  i always thought there was an unwritten rule you don't share the location with others but must find it yourself.

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 01:23:39 PM »
Nothing wrong to share among fans.

The world we live in everything is at our fingertips...moving markers or stones won't change that.

Offline Flowergirl

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 04:47:53 AM »
Just watched your You Tube video. I am glad you had the same kind of experience I did. It is so comforting to know there are so many other fans out there like us! What a bucket list item. I could have stayed for hours......

Offline kevtn43

• Refugee
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 06:54:24 AM »
This is absolutely amazing i always wanted to visit the Joshua tree now i really need to go ,keep it up

Offline Tortuga

• Refugee
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 05:17:34 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
already posted this response on the other thread where the video is at, but perhaps it belongs here instead.

as someone who made the trip 6 years ago, this video is very cool but probably not something i would watch to watch if i hadn't been there yet as there is an awesome element of surprise finding the tree on your own and discovering the plaque without knowing what awaits at the tree.  job well done on the video itself.

its a bit disparaging to see what is happening at the site.  There was just a single small box and the journal to write in when i was there.  Definitely wasn't a worn out path to the tree with markers.  i would probably try to hide those if i were to go back.  it's an awesome place but we don't want to turn it into a disneyland.  just my opinion.  i always thought there was an unwritten rule you don't share the location with others but must find it yourself.

I thought the rule “existed” before the tree died, in order to protect it from vandalism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk