Author Topic: Hello Hello (fr. Nebraska)  (Read 282 times)

Offline PlaytheBluesEdge

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Hello Hello (fr. Nebraska)
« on: August 16, 2018, 02:17:47 PM »
Didn't get into this band until after my first U2 concert circa 1987. Yep, that one! Saw a replay of that album last year in Kansas City. Yes, they've changed a bit; for the better. I had no idea this site existed. The podcast is entertaining. Glad to hear there's a market for old people in the podcast space :-)
I will happily see them again in Belfast this Fall.  I did catch the EI tour here in the States. Hoping some changes in the setlist for Europe are on the to-do list. If not, I'll be enjoying it just the same.  8)

Offline laoghaire

• Numb
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
Re: Hello Hello (fr. Nebraska)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 04:25:06 PM »
Welcome! When you say you didn't get into this band "until," one expects to hear a relatively recent story, lol. I got into them a year later than you did, so I'm an even newer fan!

Glad to hear from someone excited about their recent performances. I think they are still incredible.

Offline PlaytheBluesEdge

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 07:23:35 PM »
I knew I was old when I didn't arrive to the JT show until Beck was done playing. Who the Hell is Beck? I didn't care. I was there for one reason.

Offline laoghaire

• Numb
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2018, 08:09:14 PM »
Ah, a shame, Beck is very talented.

I could be wrong but I'm guessing you are indeed older than I am :) (sotto voice) 41

Favorite albums? I love all of them except for Bomb, myself, but lately I've been listening mostly to stuff from this century. (Just not Bomb).

Offline PlaytheBluesEdge

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 09:12:47 AM »
No favorites but I do keep a JT cd on loop in the car. Least favorite? Probably anything that appeared from '97 to '05. The 'we took a really bad turn' era. But we all grow from mistakes, right? JMHO

Offline laoghaire

• Numb
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 10:33:25 AM »
That era includes Pop (which I love), All That You Can't Leave Behind (which I love 2/3s of), and How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (of which Vertigo and City of Blinding Lights are fine, but I did not hear anything else good otherwise).

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 09:36:24 PM »
Hey, welcome from another Nebraskan! I didnt know much about Beck till I saw him open in Minneapolis and KC, and he really was a lot of fun. I assume you were at the Omaha show this summer? What a treat to not have to travel really far! And I hope you have a great time in Belfast! Im not on here much any more, but I met a lot of really cool people on here that are now my concert-going buddies, so I hope you enjoy the site as well.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:42:48 PM by lorijane »